Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a call from my Audi dealer today saying Audi have released a software update for my car and could I book the car in for them to do it. Has anyone else had this with any A5/S5 or is it a 3.0TDi specific thing? Not sure what the update is as it was only a message on my voice mail and I haven't had the chance to call them back as yet.

Hopefully I'll at least get a free valet out of it though as my dealer are usually pretty good about that sort of thing.:)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Mine is going in on Friday for the updates. There's also a recall for a non-return valve that needs replacing.

The Master Tech at my dealer was looking over my car this morning and when he came back, he told me about the recall.

Oh, and there was an R8 all covered up ready for delivery to some lucky blighter! :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reb,

Thanks for the tip about the NRV - they didn't mention that, so I'll be sure to ask about it and get it done at the same time.

My dealer has 2 R8s - one demo and one in the showroom. They've had them both for around 6 months now - seems that despite the demand nobody's willing to pay over list price. The showroom one has a sticker price of over £94k - it does have the auto box and B&O (both very expensive options) but also has silly things like 'contrasting stitching' which is listed as a £400 option. Either they're not too desperate to sell it, or else nobody is looking for that exact spec...

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
My dealer doesn't have any prices on the red R8 they have in the showroom - my son says that if you have to ask, then you can't afford it :D .

They seem to have sold at least 2 R8s that I know of (and possibly another couple) as they had a black one in the showroom at the beginning of the year and there is a silver one in the car park with the protective covers still on.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
oh i havent had a call should i call them and find out???

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Dropped my car off this morning and apparently the non-return valve recall relates to the new A4 only. The techies has misread the info.

So it is just a software update for the A5 (don't know if it is for all A5 models and/or the S5). It takes about 45 minutes to an hour and if there are any major changes etc, I'll be sure to let you all know. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Wonder if it's only Europe (or UK). Bringing my A5 in on Monday (bizarre problem requiring replacement of left side mirror - feel like I'm drunk when I use it because everything is doubled up) and will have to see whether an update is available in the U.S. Please tell me they've fixed the ipod interface issueS!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Maybe It's about the MMI software, because I know here in Spain last A5´s given have some more options inside the MMI, as 7 different levels to adjust the "GALA" volume control (mine only has "ON" and "OFF" options), and something more I don´t remember now...

By the way, greetings from a spanish guy with an A5 3.0 TDI quattro with 6 months and 22.000 kms yet.
This is my first post but It won´t be the last...

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
That would be great, especially if it included ipod interface updates. Welcome! I think I came through Zaragoza on my wait to Pamplona many years ago. Lived in Marbella/Puerto Banus in '92.

·
Registered
442 Posts
For sure, you had to go through Zaragoza to get Pamplona, but what is sure as well is that It would be windy when you crossed it because here it's always so windy that now it's plagued of wind mills.

Our wind is feeding of green energy everybody around here, jejeje (or ha, ha, ha, as british people say)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm cruising around in an A6 this weekend as my A5 3.0 was recalled today...

The dealer told me there were two parts of the recall, one is a software update to the ECU (engine control unit). He wouldn't say exactly what was updated,, the second was about some hose or connector in the engine bay.

He sounded rather confused himself as I asked for exactly what they were going to do.. Will check it out on Monday when I pick up the car.

Will try to remember to post here what I find out :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm cruising around in an A6 this weekend as my A5 3.0 was recalled today...

The dealer told me there were two parts of the recall, one is a software update to the ECU (engine control unit). He wouldn't say exactly what was updated,, the second was about some hose or connector in the engine bay.

He sounded rather confused himself as I asked for exactly what they were going to do.. Will check it out on Monday when I pick up the car.

Will try to remember to post here what I find out :)
sw update to various control units including engine control unit and return valve (fitment)depending on criterion for the vehicle

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I've had the software updates applied to my car and as far as the MMI is concerned, I can't see any changes. All the MMI software version dates are still quite old - in one case going back to 2006 and the latest is mid 2007.

Bear in mind that enhancements such as additional Gala settings wouldn't be included in any software recall unless the feature was causing major issues.

I suspect that the updates were 'under the skin' and I know I should have got more details on what was updated and why, but I was in a rush when I dropped the car off and again when I picked it up. Sorry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting - I've not had any calls yet.

My MMI shows the 7 levels of GALA, plus Off and Auto. And the DSP option shows Surrond On/Off. I know on the demo car I drove it had additional DSP options to shift focus of the sound to just the Driver but I think that only applies if you have Sat Nav. I didn't bother with Sat Nav as £2k is obscene, but did get the B&O option as its sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RTM,
Yes - several threads from a while back confirmed that the B&O doesn't have the focus settings if you don't have Satnav. Personally I think it sounds best set to "All" anyway, so don't think you're missing out on anything - agree that the B&O is awesome - far better than the Bose system I had in my old S4.

Does anyone actually have a definitive answer to what the MMI software update was for? I'm debating not taking mine in for the update as I don't have any problems (AMI/iPod inteface works perfectly) and I've read in the thread about headlight conversion for continental driving that this option disappears after the update - not impressed as it's something I have at the moment, and it could be useful should I take my car to France/Germany etc.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does anyone actually have a definitive answer to what the MMI software update was for? I'm debating not taking mine in for the update as I don't have any problems (AMI/iPod inteface works perfectly) and I've read in the thread about headlight conversion for continental driving that this option disappears after the update - not impressed as it's something I have at the moment, and it could be useful should I take my car to France/Germany etc.
I asked my dealer regarding the continental light option and best they could offer was to update the car and hope the option is there! I'm still waiting to hear back after I asked them to find out what's in the latest software before I get the update.

We need a technical section on the forum, or move threads MMI Software, Recalls, etc preferably with answers from our tech members.

Simon

·
Registered
685 Posts
Simon,

We can add a Tech section no problem. Just for feedback purposes from the members. Would it be a Tech section for both models, or two sections, 1 tech for the S5 one for the A5.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts