Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
According to the dimensions posted by Audi, the A5/S5 is approximately 1" longer, 1" wider, and 1" lower than the current 3 series coupe. It looks larger in pictures, but is not in fact.

·
Registered
273 Posts
for you cool dudes who already have seen the S5/A5 in the flesh,
how does it compare in size to A4, BMW 3 and 5 series, etc?
thanks
I think I said this in another post, but here goes again. The A5/S5 is wider and has a more substantial look/feel than does the 3 series coupe, but does not project as large (or stubby, in my opinion) as the 6 series coupe. Think of it as if there was such a thing as a BMW 5 and a half series coupe.

Compared to my '06 A4, it is obviously shorter, but wider. On the inside, though, it has a much more pronounced A6 feel. I've driven the A6 and the S5 feels a lot like an A6 sitting behind the wheel (while you're stationary, at least) -- same layout, etc, and because the car is wider the front seat feel, is a little more spacious feeling than my A4's. The seats are more fitted and less plush than the A6's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.