Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’m new here and I got my first A5 a few months ago, it’s a 3.0 2009 Quattro. I was wondering how I can check the type of shifter or gearbox I’m still confused on how to call it so bare with me. Is it a multi-tronic, tip-tronic or S-tronic? Is there a way I can check that out. I also have this problem where the car jerks forward when I fully stop which I noticed that when I brake and the speed goes under 5 Km/h it’s still in second gear and when it shifts to 1st that’s when it jerks forwards but if I time it with the manual shifting it’s fine. I also noticed when I start up the engine when shifting to D I see the rpm drop a little sometimes much more.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Welcome on board Stojan mate. We want to see some pics of the car please and what country are you from (sorry I dont recognize your flag oops). Is she petrol or diesel???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome on board Stojan mate. We want to see some pics of the car please and what country are you from (sorry I don't recognize your flag oops). Is she petrol or diesel???
Hello SimonRoma! Thank you for your reply! I'm from North Macedonia, the car was imported from Switzerland, she runs on diesel. As for the pics what kind of pictures are you exactly looking for, I am new to posting on these forums so I am not sure what to put, I don't want to look like a complete amateur.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Hey hehe dont worry we all have to start and learn and ps your English is great well done!! We all like to see some photos of your car please just any pics that you have.

Ps given that you have an auto gearbox, note that autos are very very sensitive to the level of the gearbox oil. On my old A5 when I added just 150ml the change improved dramatically ESPECIALLY at very low speeds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only photo in my gallery is this one I took it the day I got the car haha. When I had my break pads changed the employee at the service said it can be the oil in the gearbox that can be causing that. He also added that the gearbox uses special oil then the engine itself. I ordered quality engine oil from Switzerland because there is not quality oil in my country and I don’t want to put something cheap and low quality in an expensive car.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Nice photo well done!!! Yes, these cars are sensitive to the fluids so you must use VAG approved stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although there isn’t any jerking or anything when I put it in Reverse.. So I am not sure, hopefully it’s just the oil being low or needing a change!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Turns out an ECU reset thing is what was needed! I tried doing it before to no avail, but I was doing in wrong! I wasn’t doing the steps correctly, I just did it once again but this time I did everything correct and it fixed the jerking when fully stopping or the RPM drop when switching to D!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Well done Stojan and thanks for the feedback, good to know!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uh oh.. Here is me again.. So the car was driving normally, the jerks didn’t disappear fully but I can say that 80% were gone, when the car warmed up and I drove it a bit they disappeared 100%. Now the problem is I was parking earlier today and had a message show up stating “Gearbox malfunction you can continue driving” now this made me panic, I pulled out of the spot and drove straight home and left it. So… what now..?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts