Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having some problems with SD card playback on my A5. I'm using 2GB cards playing MP3 files, but the stereo keeps cutting the first 20-30 seconds off each song.

I've taken the cards out, wiped them, reformatted them and reloaded them a few times. They play fine for a day or so and then it starts all over again.

When I look at the playback time, it's as if the first 20-30 seconds have been deleted as playback starts at 00:00 but is actually well into the song.

Anyone have similar issues?

Thanks,

A

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Are the songs part of an iTunes library? If you right click a track and get info, what are the start and end times set to? This can cause issues when you export MP3s :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The songs were part of an iTunes library but the files were converted to MP3, none had adjusted start and finish times.

I've been trying one or two other options and I think I might have figured it out. It seems to happen after certain songs are played, so I've removed those from the card and I'll try it again and see if it trims them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've seen things like this happen when the SD card is formatted as NTFS instead of FAT. I would try reformatting your SD card and copying the files back over...I havn't seen this exact problem but the issue i had was with songs freezing and skipping...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think I've figured it out.

I checked the format, it was FAT, but there were certain files that seemed to be to blame. I don't know why they cause it as they're the same format as every other file.

Since I removed them everything seems grand. I sent the files on to a techy friend of mine to see if there is something unusual about them. I'll let you know if anything comes back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts