Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've gotten tired of having to explain the parking brake and key to valets and non-Audi service techs(who never listen anyway), so I created a Valet card with pictures.

It's a 8.5 x 11 tent card in PDF format. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it should hang nicely over the steering wheel.

Since some people don't have the Advanced Key, I only included in the key-in-the-dash instructions.

Hope this comes in handy!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great idea! Thanks!!!:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice & useful!!! This will come in handy for me at the carwash - so I don't have to show the guy who drives my car into the wash. :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Good work :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
glad it will come in handy...

Folks in the UK may have to print it backwards so the valets can find the keyslot and parking brake switch.. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Good work Folkie, thats a keeper for sure.

Very nice & useful!!! This will come in handy for me at the carwash - so I don't have to show the guy who drives my car into the wash. :)
:eek: ...drive through car wash! Tell me your kidding. Please please tell me your kidding.

·
Registered
298 Posts
When I test drove the S5, that was one of the first things I thought of- How the heck do I use valet, they'll never do it right. This will certainly help quite a bit. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
:eek: ...drive through car wash! Tell me your kidding. Please please tell me your kidding.
LMAO! :D I thought the exact same thing when I first read that, but refrained from saying anything. :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Not really an issue as we don't really do valet parking over here. :)
Maybe not, but I've just printed one out to hang from the rear view mirror to (hopefully) avoid any problems with the chimps who move your car at the long term car parks at airports. It's not really valet parking, but they always move your car as they have a drop-off area and a storage area. I'll be noting the mileage as well as there are loads of horror stories around of them caning nice cars whilst the owner is away...:eek:

Many thanks to Folkie for a fantastic idea!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not really an issue as we don't really do valet parking over here. :)
Heh...neither do I. But that's just because I don't go places classy enough to have valet parking. I make it a point to stay lowbrow. So unless Chili's starts employing valets, I guess I'm parking myself on fancy date nights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts