Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read on a few posts that US cars are due for their first service after 5k miles. The service indicator on my UK A5 indicated 20,000 miles for the first service.

Why the difference?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I've read on a few posts that US cars are due for their first service after 5k miles. The service indicator on my UK A5 indicated 20,000 miles for the first service.

Why the difference?
Not sure if it's true but I did hear that they like to check to see how the seats are wearing.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
In the UK the oil change is at 9000 miles and the service around 18,000 (variable so that figure will change). Be wary, the oil service has been known to be accidently reset and pushed on with quite a few people (myself included). It may have just been early models but my oil change mileage was the same as my service (although I got mine changed at the correct point).

In the US they do have one at 5000 but thats because it appears Americans cant top up their screen washer ;) More likely to do with reducing legal costs.

·
Registered
260 Posts
In the UK the oil change is at 9000 miles and the service around 18,000 (variable so that figure will change). Be wary, the oil service has been known to be accidently reset and pushed on with quite a few people (myself included). It may have just been early models but my oil change mileage was the same as my service (although I got mine changed at the correct point).

In the US they do have one at 5000 but thats because it appears Americans cant top up their screen washer ;) More likely to do with reducing legal costs.
You mean that the windshield washer reservoir needs filling? Gosh.

·
Registered
871 Posts
In the UK the oil change is at 9000 miles and the service around 18,000 (variable so that figure will change).

As I understand it the difference in the oil change mileage and the service mileage is a bug in the system and the only figure you should be concerned with is the Service mileage.
Please correct me if I'm wrong

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts