Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the S5 considered a limited production model in the U.S.?

Does anyone know if there is a cap on the amount they import to the U.S. every year, or if Audi is taking so long to fullfill orders to keep the model somewhat rare and exclusive?

What about the A5? I remember reading some sales stats on the audiusa site that said combined there were about 800 a5's and S5's sold in the U.S.

I'm just hoping the good looks and desirableness of the 5's dont make them the next 3 series BMW's . . . . .

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think they only make what is ordered. There are no unsold production runs.
That puts a limit on the numbers delivered. So you can't walk on to a dealer lot an pick one S5 or A5. On another note, the dealer I got my A5 from, has got 4 setting on the lot because people backed out un orders. Sign of the times.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The price alone won't make it a 3-series BMW. I don't know if it's a limited production car, but there's definitely not that many in the states as there are abroad in other countries, which probably also explains why there's a lot more members from Europe than there are from the US.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No Joke Dude, I just got an A5 to replace my 335i. There are soooo many 3 series on the road it's crazy. I get more looks driving the A5 than I do our '08 M3. Insane.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just drove from Ohio to AZ & Back, totaling 4k miles. I only saw one other A5 on the road.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Must be the econ . . .

925 A5's avail nationwide on autotrader

199 S5's avail nationwide on autotrader

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.