Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 591 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I don't have those on my 09 A5, but they do look sharp. I might have to pick up a pair if they don't cost too much.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I sure hope these become available. Fitting them will no doubt cause havoc with the cars electronics

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've been looking all over the internet to find out about these tail lights. All I can find so far is some company called DTM has something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
They look similar to the A3 version of the LED rears.

On the downside perhaps (for new purchasers going forward) the A5 convertible pics that appeared last week had no LEDs on the front. It had the three yellow bulbs as seen on the A4. So, A5s may not longer get LEDs unless you buy an Sport, s-line or S5.

·
Registered
328 Posts
They look similar to the A3 version of the LED rears.

On the downside perhaps (for new purchasers going forward) the A5 convertible pics that appeared last week had no LEDs on the front. It had the three yellow bulbs as seen on the A4. So, A5s may not longer get LEDs unless you buy an Sport, s-line or S5.
Which pictures do you mean?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I want them so bad but I think it will be hard to install them for some reason I think the LED's would need a different amount of power

·
Registered
821 Posts
They do look Very Nice indeed..... i'm sure they are going to cost a packet when they are available :(

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
According to the latest ETKA ( ok about 2 hours behind the main dealer) they are NOT yet on there. So when they might appear is anyone's guess.
I dont think they will be too expensive as the all road led tail lights are fairly cheap.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
This is probably just a question of swapping the light units, should be easy. Might need VAG COM coding too.

This comments comes from (reading of) experience in swapping regular tails to LEDs in A3 and A6. Audi even lists A6 Avant LED tail lights in their retrofit catalogue. On the A6 some VAG COM coding was required to get the lights work 100% correctly, otherwise I believe they didn't quite do everything right...

I'm quite sure this will become a popular retrofit once those light units become available as spares...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I 'm not sure I like them. They might be leds but the reverse light really seems out of place. Look at normal rear lights how the reverse lights is a continuation of the boots horizontal edge enhancing the butt's lines and you ‘ll see what I am talking about.

1 - 20 of 591 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.