Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

Someone tried to force my living room window last night in an attempt, according to the police, to get inside for car keys. My A5 is just on the drive (the blasted thing won't squeeze through the garage doors!), and apparently there's been a spate of powerful cars stolen to order round my neck of the woods (Roundhay) recently - a Golf R32 and an RS6 had gone last night before they tried for mine.

Anyway, for those A5 owners in Leeds, but I guess everywhere - just a little reminder - make sure your car and house is secure, and your keys are nowhere near doors/windows. I'm investing in a few extra security devices today. 50,000 volts wired to the door handles should do nicely.;)

In all honesty I could live with the car disappearing off the drive - that's what insurance is for. Someone trying to break into my house is a different matter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On a related note, happy to hear recommendations on things like crook-locks/wheel clamps that fit the A5, and those security bollard things you can anchor to concrete - if anyone has any experience of the above they'd like to share.

Cheers all

·
Registered
254 Posts
At my other property/car (JDM STI Impreza) I had a lockable 75mm x 75mm steel post inside the garage behind the car.

The missus only forgot the once to remove it!!! nice crease in the rear bumper:mad:

·
Registered
157 Posts
One of the rising bollard type of security devices seems a good choice for you; any of the aftermarket locks will not be any good except to deter the most basic of attempts. Also, a tracker or similar might be a good idea.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Another point chalked up for the 1.8T ... nobody's going to nick it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I need to get the garage cleaned out. Been having a bit of construction and lost my spot.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well has it happens I manufacture many different types of security bollards. not the run of the mill shite though, if you are concidering one please get in touch even if it's only for advice. This is not a sales pitch just honest advice. by the way I would not have one on my drive because it's a sure bet one day you will bend the bumper yourself !!!! but that said needs must.

·
Registered
388 Posts
akita!!!

hi mate, sorry to hear about your attempted break in,you could always go the way i have, eight stone japanese akita!!!!!! please somebody try and break in!

1.8tfsi sport
brill blk
drl"s
star silver leather
bluetooth
auto folding mirrors+auto dimming mirrors
interior light pack
two shiny chrome tailpipes!
debadged

·
Registered
714 Posts