Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First of all - I am quite new here but very much appreciate all the insights in the forums here!

After reading a few posts on the best deals on new A5s or S5s in different parts of the US, I am feeling less and less pleased with what I had to pay for my A5 3.2 here in Sweden... (~$64,000 at today's FX rate)

So in the spirit of knowing that there must be people out there who have to pay more in their respective countries, I thought it would be interesting to find out where the A5 is the most expensive. I know specs are different everywhere, so I thought we could compare the "fully loaded" A5 3.2 and S5, since they are likely available in most markets.

According to the Audi Configurator, in Sweden the fully loaded A5 3.2 would currenlty cost c. SEK847,000, which is equivalent to c. USD103,000 with today's exchange rates. Similarly, the fully loaded S5 would set you back SEK907,000 or c. USD110,000.

However, I can imagine that the sitauation is even worse in some other countries - what is the most expensive pricing you have seen?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Australian 'go' prices are:

A5 3.2 quattro Tip $98,500 AUD = $64,651 USD
S5 4.2 quattro Tip $138,600 AUD = $90,971 USD

HZS, for 7,000 USD the stretch to the S5 is a no-brainer, unless you're going to tell me something scary about your petrol prices??????

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HZS, for 7,000 USD the stretch to the S5 is a no-brainer, unless you're going to tell me something scary about your petrol prices??????
I know - I was surprised too!! Well, petrol prices ARE very high, but the more important aspect is probably that for a more realisticly spec'ed model, the difference would be higher, especially in realtive terms. And of course insurance, road taxes, etc. are all much more expensive for the S5. But it is still nagging me... I prob should have gotten the S5! :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
US prices do not include VAT - we don't have that tax. Instead we have Sales Taxes that are not included by Audi because they vary by State and City. In Los Angeles, the Sales Tax is 8.25%.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
This has always been an issue with cars in the UK, and now those chickens are coming home to roost in the form of car parks and airfields full of cars that the manufacturers can't sell. When I was in California last year, almost all cars were about the same price in US Dollars as they were in pounds in the UK. This meant that the cars were about half of the price in UK. I am sure that this has changed since the UK pound became so weak, but not by much. The other puzzling thing was that Japanese cars, which are built right-hand drive for Japan and the UK (so effectively the same car) are still far less in USA after being converted to left-hand-drive. In the UK we have always been seen by car manufacturers as "the goose that lays the golden egg" because in the main we pay whatever the manufacturer asks (plus tax, plus delivery etc, etc).

·
Registered
302 Posts
According to www.audi.no the S5 4.2 V8 manual starts at NOK 1 250 900,- which is $178 700 USD with todays exchange. Once again making us the secondmost expensive country in the world.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Cheapest S5 (Manual) in UK is £39430, which at today's exchange rate would make it 384127 NOK, or 56720 USD. So maybe the tide has turned!!! I guess you'll all be coming to the UK to order your (Right-hand-drive) S5 then!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Woo......quite expensive in Norway..
Here in China,:
A5 3.2Q options with B&O,sport seat,TPM,no sunroof option, no GPS.no bluetooth which is 750,000RMB=112,000USD(in cluding all taxes)
S5 1,080,000RMB=161,200USD(including all taxes)

Damn..

·
Registered
113 Posts
In Ireland:

Basic stock 3.2 manual, no extras is $80,000 USD

Basic stock S5 manual gear box, no extras is $118,000 USD

So over twice the price of the UK, Canda etc...

Norway still has us beat though :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dubai Prices

In Dubai
A5 = AED. 230,000.00 = USD. 62,500.00
S5 = AED. 315,000.00 = USD. 85,600.00
with 5 yrs/100000kms service contracts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Today in Basingstoke Audi, I saw a metallic black A5 Sport, 3.0TDi quattro tiptronic (I think) with some "unusual" grey 19" wheels and an Audi "body kit". It had all of the usual toys and was not (because of the body kit) a particularly attractive car. It was priced at just under £41000! Personally I thought this was extortionate. What does anyone else think?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Here I was thinking the Australian prices must have been bad but holy crap there are some countries that are a lot worse. Feel sorry for you guys.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Today in Basingstoke Audi, I saw a metallic black A5 Sport, 3.0TDi quattro tiptronic (I think) with some "unusual" grey 19" wheels and an Audi "body kit". It had all of the usual toys and was not (because of the body kit) a particularly attractive car. It was priced at just under £41000! Personally I thought this was extortionate. What does anyone else think?
The bodykit wheels and spoiler add about 3k, and were announced before S Line Launch in October.

The rear spoiler really 'spoils' the design IMHO, I saw a similar one at Bristol Audi at 43k! and E Bay has been littered with wheels and bodykits in recent months. What was wrong with the standard look one could ask. :moped: BTW It can't have been that well spec'd if it was 41K!that's 38 without the bodykit Base car is 36k

Re different country pricing spec variations are considerable and need to be considered!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The bodykit wheels and spoiler add about 3k, and were announced before S Line Launch in October.

The rear spoiler really 'spoils' the design IMHO, I saw a similar one at Bristol Audi at 43k! and E Bay has been littered with wheels and bodykits in recent months. What was wrong with the standard look one could ask. :moped: BTW It can't have been that well spec'd if it was 41K!that's 38 without the bodykit Base car is 36k

Re different country pricing spec variations are considerable and need to be considered!
I agree about the rear spoiler, although the salesman thought that it looked good. Not my cup of tea at all, especially when the standard one looks so good. Also, the front end was completely ruined.I only saw the price indicator laying on the passenger seat, so it may have been more. You would know better than I!

·
Registered
198 Posts
WOW Turkey is expensive 95,000 euros at 1.07 exchange makes it £88 grand for a non speced 3.2. Uk must be one of the cheapest markets now

·
Registered
9 Posts
From Costa Rica

A5 2.0 TFSI Tip $62,000 USD
A5 3.2 TFSI Tip $71,000 USD
S5 probably over $100.000

1 - 19 of 19 Posts