1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
21 Posts
That spoiler is awful. Awful. What do they want to stick a spoiler on a beautiful car like this for?

That is the most dismal thing I've seen in ages.:(

·
Registered
415 Posts
The ribbed rear diffuser is even worse than the spoiler. And if you put them together, like the rear-end picture on Pg 24, it's atrocious. Looks like they wanted to turn it into a Mustang. And no, that's not a good thing.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I agree with you guys about the rear diffuser and spoiler! But the rims are pretty sweet... If I ever get my car, I think that the 19" 5 - arm design rims that are on the blue and Grey A5 would look nice for winters!

Oh... that rear diffuser is all metal, maybe they offer this for a little added protection. (still ugly though)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That spoiler is awful. Awful. What do they want to stick a spoiler on a beautiful car like this for?

That is the most dismal thing I've seen in ages.:(
The ribbed rear diffuser is even worse than the spoiler. And if you put them together, like the rear-end picture on Pg 24, it's atrocious. Looks like they wanted to turn it into a Mustang. And no, that's not a good thing.
+1

How in the world were the designers of that rear spoiler able to slip that past Walter de'Silva? I can't imagine that he would have given it two thumbs up. :confused:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was also told that they can now get the park distance control for the rear of the car, for about 280 euros plus installment. This would be an option for those without the tech package.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
+1

How in the world were the designers of that rear spoiler able to slip that past Walter de'Silva? I can't imagine that he would have given it two thumbs up. :confused:
The designer doesn't approve add-on pieces. This heat got you all screwy or what????

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I know this, silly! :) I was just trying to make a point, given that the spoiler is a part sold by Audi.

If Walter was given a say-so in the matter, I'm guessing he probably would have said something along the lines of: "NO WAY! You absolutely will NOT put that ugly contraption on my beautifully designed car! Are you out of your mind?"

·
Registered
750 Posts
I know this, silly! :) I was just trying to make a point, given that the spoiler is a part sold by Audi.

If Walter was given a say-so in the matter, I'm guessing he probably would have said something along the lines of: "NO WAY! You absolutely will NOT put that ugly contraption on my beautifully designed car! Are you out of your mind?"
Totally agree. My first reaction was OH MY GAWD!!! The real accessories are no biggie, but the spoiler and diffuser are terrible. I have have heard of "putting gold trim on a Pinto"...but putting a Pinto on gold trim?!? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
What are Audi thinking. IMO you would have to be totally insane to add the ugly spoiler to such a fabulously thought out car.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow!!! I was more interested with the rims, mats, navigation disc's, and other nifty bits. Not the already known ugly spoiler and diffuser. What do you guys think about the first set of 19" rim, the 5 spoke ones?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Wow!!! I was more interested with the rims, mats, navigation disc's, and other nifty bits. Not the already known ugly spoiler and diffuser. What do you guys think about the first set of 19" rim, the 5 spoke ones?
The ones on page 5? They are ok (IMHO), but not my style.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Can any German speakers translate the bit about the Audi Music INterface?
Using Google's translate tool, here's what it says (missing a few translated words):

"To connect iPod Generation 4 (iPod, iPod Mini, iPod nano, iPod photo, iPod video) and other portable Medienplayern4. Operation from the MMI accommodation with System.5 Lademöglichkeit4 in the glove compartment."

The footnotes translate to the following:
1 Where are digitalized.
2 About the exact deployment date please contact your Audi partners.
3 Details and details, contact your Audi partners.
4 To connect the portable media player will be additional adapter cables are required, further information, contact your Audi partners.
5 Wenn the function of the media player supports.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ford Mustang wanna be spoiler

Looks like they wanted to turn it into a Mustang. And no, that's not a good thing.
So here's a good shot of the now infamous "Ford Mustang wanna be" spoiler. I still don't get it. WHY? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So here's a good shot of the now infamous "Ford Mustang wanna be" spoiler. I still don't get it. WHY? :confused:
:eek: That really looks dumb!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.