Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some feedback about this spoiler that I have found available on various sites (i.e. Ebay, Amazon, AliExpress). Does anyone own one or has seen one in person? It goes by a several names such as "DarwinPro; Type R; and Renntech". I'm getting mixed answers from the sellers about whether it would fit on the B8.5 S5 coupe, they're telling me that it only fits the A5 because the trunk lid is different for the A5 than the S5. I wanted to know if that was also true as this was difficult to confirm. I really like this spoiler and would like to purchase it if it will fit on my S5. Any help is very much appreciated.

HTB1eTmaSpXXXXbbXXXXq6xXFXXXs.jpg
HTB1r3m1RXXXXXaEXFXXq6xXFXXX8.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
There is apparently a slight different profile to the trailing edge of the boot lid between the A5 and S5 as well as the sportback is slightly different. I remember seeing a photo where an A and an S where lined up and the photo was taken so you could see the difference clearly, although not a huge difference there is one. You can perhaps try to google and see if you can find it.

You could always try to fit an S5 spoiler to an A5 and you might get lucky and if the trailing edge mating surface is hollow enough it might fit, but also you're running the risk of the parts being incompatible with a decent flush fit.

Personally I'd get a spoiler meant for my car knowing there is a difference in the lid profile.

Regards

·
Registered
765 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts