Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted/discussed already but over at drivethedeal.com they are showing S Line variants of the A5;

http://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/audi/a5+coupe/index.html

At a brief look it appears that the premium is £1,300, over the Sport, but black headlining and Xenons/DRLs (worth £975 combined) come as standard. Also upgrade from standard wheels to 19" Y's is now £350 instead of £650 for the Sport so an extra £300 there as well. This effectively makes the the S line pack extras cost a whopping £25!

DTD listed the Q5 prices before they were widely available from Audi UK so I do think they are correct but I have posted this in a rush so may well have got the details wrong!! Oh just remembered the seating might be downgarded to cloth/leather!

·
Registered
821 Posts
That's interesting :)

but they don't show the 3.0 tdi quattro :confused:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

If this is true I will be pretty hacked off. I collect mine tomorrow morning and New Car sales Manager told me no changes in the pipeline he knew of. Will print of and ask him before I pay up!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Drive The Deal had the tiptronic TDi on their list long before it was made public to order and did the same with my wife's Toyota Rav4 Special Edition. Looks like we are getting an S-Line in the UK.

Its the same story with Audi models: As soon as orders begin to tail off, they launch an S-Line model.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further update; A dealer called me to confirm that the 3G MMi was going to be available from build week 45 so I asked him about the S Line and he too knew nothing about it. He has just called me back to confirm that there is going to be a bulletin from Audi UK by the end of week likely to confirm S Line for the UK although the list prices quoted by DTD are apparently incorrect.

Will post further news if I get any.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Definitely keep us posted. If it does, i'm changing my order immediately to an S-Line.

I asked about it when I bought mine and was told, fairly categorically, that

"it would not be coming to the UK as most of the options on the S-Line are already standard on the A5."

I really wanted an S-Line too :(

·
Registered
337 Posts

you have to change the model to A5 DIESEL COUPE and you can find it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Can anyone posts pics of standard/sport and s-line A5s side by side so we can see the difference ?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Definitely keep us posted. If it does, i'm changing my order immediately to an S-Line.

I asked about it when I bought mine and was told, fairly categorically, that

"it would not be coming to the UK as most of the options on the S-Line are already standard on the A5."

That does make sense!

I really wanted an S-Line too :(
So would I.

Will be at dealer in 11 hours with 'cheque book' !

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
The fact that S-line is not offered in the UK reminds me of BMW not offering the M-Sprot package on their 3 coupe here in North America. It's the same nonsense.

·
Registered
55 Posts
its surprising that u guys in the UK havent got the s-line yet as it's been available in Singapore for ages and Singapore's a tiny market compared to the UK.
saw it in person and the S-line is basically the S5 without the chrome grill and it has a nicer rear-diffuser-thing in my opinion.
I was going get the 3.2FSI s-line till i discover that the only interior trim available was black leather! i remember the dealer saying "u can get any colour as long as it is black" then he came up with some bullsh*t about the quattro factory's restriction cos of the s-line symbol in the seats... apparently even the audi exclusive double tone leather trim wasnt available to me either. I suggest double checking this with ur dealer.
Oh and the s-lines over here has quattro as standard. if its the same in the UK, the s-line is a bargain!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I thought the US was getting the short end with the whole power folding mirror issue.

not any more.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The S-line was listed in the first UK spec guide but that was withdrawn very quickly. Indeed, I was going to have an s-line initially based on that spec guide. However, when we went in, I was told that guide was replaced and it wasnt available (along with a number of options at the time).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Doubledoom, couldn't help noticing that u found a way to unlock the TV. How did u do that? and how did u manage to override the dimming of the DRLs?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
S-Line UPDATE 16 October

Let us know what the dealer says mate.

Collected car at 8.00, it is absolutely superb, loving it, especially the B&O Sound!

Re S-Line, before handing over my Cheque I quizzed the New Car sales manager (Richard) who has no knowledge of any plans to introduce S-Line in UK, also his no.2 (Mark) hadn't heard anything. Mark thought it might happen one day but UK Sport model has most of S Line bits apart from Leather/Cloth seats which having seen them in a new A4 S-Line I would not want as they look low rent.

I think my car is fairly new the Sat Nav Unit has a sticker attached saying Made on 18.09.08.

Regarding other A5 models they did say that the 2.0Tdi 170 has been delayed.

Can't hang around on Blog as too much fun to be had!!

Cheers
RG:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 204 Posts