Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Where's Elstimpo when you need him.

"This is a pile of rubbish and whoever modified it should be shot.."

Seriously,

Why are tuners trying to turn this car into a ricer mobile. That car looks like complete and total crap....

·
Registered
643 Posts
those are the same wheels the tuned Avus A5 had (hence the "pick nice wheels" comment). actually looks alright, i think. I wouldn't make it look like that, but I don't think it's total crap either...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the wheels would look better when they where color match (antracite) with the exhaust valance.

Jarod.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
With those black wheels on this white car, it reminds me of a police car one might find driving around in a very ritzy community in the U.S. :D Maybe that's the target market this aftermarket tuner is catering to. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
S5 Diffuser!!

how do you get the S5 diffueser and quad exhausts on the A5!?!?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Very good point. That's not an S-Line rear valence/diffuser. And that's a step backwards in my opinion. As I've said before, I think the S-Line has the best of the bunch.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
how do you get the S5 diffueser and quad exhausts on the A5!?!?
If you look closely, those exhaust tips (albeit quad) are not identical to the ones found on the S5. And that bumper is not the bumper found on the regular A5. That's the rear bumper used on the S-line and S5. (Note: S5 & S-line have the same rear bumper, but different diffusers).

The following thread should answer your questions.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/s5-a5-question-931/index.html?p=10122

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I dont get this 'tuning' business, i see news on car sites about these 'tuner' mods occasionally. Who actually buys these? they always look 20 times worse than the original car.
In this paticular instance, infact in most cases, this just reminds me of being at university in manchester, and you'd see all these guys (probally drug dealers) driving around really slow with terrible music blaring out, hang out their windows, they often had black wheels, city people.
Im so happy to be back in my quiet norfolk town, anyway sorry back to topic, i really dont like those wheels. If this had standard audi wheels it would be fine.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I dont get this 'tuning' business, i see news on car sites about these 'tuner' mods occasionally. Who actually buys these? they always look 20 times worse than the original car.
In this paticular instance, infact in most cases, this just reminds me of being at university in manchester, and you'd see all these guys (probally drug dealers) driving around really slow with terrible music blaring out, hang out their windows, they often had black wheels, city people.
Im so happy to be back in my quiet norfolk town, anyway sorry back to topic, i really dont like those wheels. If this had standard audi wheels it would be fine.
...It's just a PR exersize. Any idiot can 'tune' a car by changing the wheels, springs and exhaust... in fact I'm doing that next week! I do think All of the 'tuned' versions I've seen look worse than the original, all bar lowering (hence why I'm lowering mine)... And at the risk or repeating myself, I am waiting for a propper tuner to do something decent... Supercharger, big brakes, splitter, diffuser... sports cats, side venting exhaust!! (that last one was a joke... or was it? ;) )

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...Of course the handy thing is, at least those of us who own A/S5s can see exactly what NOT to do to them!
;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lowering and big 9.5x20" wheels is a must for the new A5/S5.
Even the OEM 9x20 wheels are to small for it, you need to space them.
And a exhaust with more sound for the S5.

Jarod.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Agreed.... I'm booked in next friday for that... except the wheels... I think 20s look too big on this car and over-shod will knacker the handling.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts