Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
The German Audi site has a list of official accessories for the A5 but I couldn't work out which option, if any, was roof bars. There seemed to be at least a couple of options which related to cycles.

If your german is better than mine try this bit of the Audi website

Fahrradträger and Fahrradhalter are bicycle carriers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I'm interested in this one too as I've got a 3.0 TDI Sport coming 2 weeks today. I was told by my dealer that Audi have just announced (2/3 days ago) that roof bars and a tow bar will be available for the A5 although no release date has been set yet for the roof bars. I've asked my dealer the detachable tow bar so that I can get a trailer attached for my bikes. So hang in there it's coming soon.

A5 3.0 TDI Quattro Sport, Meteor Grey

·
Registered
32 Posts
As posted before, Audi do make a set of roof bars. However they only fit later chassis 28000 onwards.:wall: I only found this out after ordering waiting, driving to the dealer, collecting, trying to mount them on the car and reading in the instructions for the bars that they do not fit my chassis. Furious that the dealer didn't bother explaining this to me when I ordered.

I've seen some users post that here that they are using mont blanc bars. Can anyone clarify whether these work on all chassis or just post 28000 like the audi ones? I believe the difference is that there is a fitting bolt inside the door arch on the later chassis that fits into a groove in the roof bar fitting. Is this the case with the Mont Blanc bars as well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
My mate showed me a photo on his phone taken last week at Audi Carlisle. It was an A5 with roof bars. Maybe give them a call

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.