Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been advised by my dealer in Geneva that my A5 will be delayed by 1 month. I placed the order in July and had a build date of 8 Oct. Build date is now 5 Nov, no explanation as yet :(

Are other people experiencing similar delays?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I saw this thread earlier. Was just wondering if the delays were specific to the S5 or if other A5 customers like me were also experiencing delays.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dealer said mine should have been here by now, however it still hasn't shipped. Have been told it's "literally at the end of the production line". Interested if this is another QA issue (e.g. like the manual seats issue) or shortage of components (e.g. like the recent 19" Y-spoke wheel shortage). If this is the case, production may be starting to 'back-up'.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer who called Audi Sweden.
The car had arrived at the port in Germany Thursday evening last week. Unfortunately the boat to Sweden leaves every thursday, so my car missed it.
It has got some priority flag so it will hopefully get a spot on the next boat and arrive at Audi Sweden in Södertälje during the weekend. The prioflag should make them ship it to my dealer during next week. So if I'm really really lucky, I'll have it at the end of next week.

I also asked if they knew of any current delays, I was told they have had a shortage of parts for the seats (the thing the seat is fastened to) during the summer which could still delay production and also a shortage of carboninlays. Right now if he place an order, the production is in January.

Finally I did a quick enquiery if he had any idea how many A5/S5 Audi plan to produce per year, he didn't know but would check if he could get any figures, but he thought the 3 S5's per week were very inaccurate.

Hmm I think that's all info I got.

·
Registered
275 Posts
This has been somewhat frustrating. My car was originally planned for June, then Jul, August, and then end of September. I have confirmation that the car was built, is in country ( and has been for the last 10 days) - and is at the Audi import/distribution facility which is only 60km away for the last 10 days. They're supposed to be fitting it with the idSat satellite localization and immobilization system which is standard in France. My local dealer I bought it from has been pushing them constantly since last week, and seems they're as lazy as most of the French..... Should get it today or tomorrow ( I hope :()

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dealer said mine should have been here by now, however it still hasn't shipped. Have been told it's "literally at the end of the production line". Interested if this is another QA issue (e.g. like the manual seats issue) or shortage of components (e.g. like the recent 19" Y-spoke wheel shortage). If this is the case, production may be starting to 'back-up'.
When did yours start stage 7 as mine spent over a week there before clearing to awaiting ship today? Not aware of any holds other than this long production time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Would be interesting to hear if anyone got so cheesed off with extended delays that they cancelled order and wondered over to the 'opposition'?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.