Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just want to know what the price point for this car is going to be. I am interested in the S5 which has the FSI V8. Currently I own a 2006 4.2 A6 Sline (the non FSI V8 version) but my previous car before that was a 2002 M3. I think this would be a good mix of size, speed, and build quality. However, I think that this car will be overpriced seeing that the S4 starts at 45,000. The problem I see with it is that the BMW 335 starts at 41K and the M3 will probably start around 51k. Both of these cars are faster than the S4 and from the initial specs I have seen, the S5. Since the A5 is positioned above the A4 I suspect the base prices will be around 38k and 49k for the s version. I really like audi and this is my second A6 ( I owned a 2000 A6 2.8 ) but I do think they are slightly overpriced in a crowded luxury performance segment.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Welcome to the site. The A5 will start at 33,000 Euros. I don't know what the S5 will start at as they have not said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the site. The A5 will start at 33,000 Euros. I don't know what the S5 will start at as they have not said.
They have not said anything about pricing. It will be about 3 months before audi releases any pricing for the U.S. If you claim that it is 33,000 Euros, you should cite the source of your info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just want to know what the price point for this car is going to be. I am interested in the S5 which has the FSI V8. Currently I own a 2006 4.2 A6 Sline (the non FSI V8 version) but my previous car before that was a 2002 M3. I think this would be a good mix of size, speed, and build quality. However, I think that this car will be overpriced seeing that the S4 starts at 45,000. The problem I see with it is that the BMW 335 starts at 41K and the M3 will probably start around 51k. Both of these cars are faster than the S4 and from the initial specs I have seen, the S5. Since the A5 is positioned above the A4 I suspect the base prices will be around 38k and 49k for the s version. I really like audi and this is my second A6 ( I owned a 2000 A6 2.8 ) but I do think they are slightly overpriced in a crowded luxury performance segment.
I have seen an estimate from my US dealer that pricing will start in mid 40s for the A5 and mid 50s for the S5. The estimate was in an official briefing letter to audi dealers released just befor the start of the Geneva Show.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Way

33,000 Pounds is 0ver $50,000. Seems unlikely that Audi would try to compete with BMW and Infiniti at that price point. $45K would even be a tough buy over a 335i which starts just over 40K. The only logical speculation is that the A5 will come in under the 335i and a few grand over the A4 3.2 FSI Quattro. I predict a starting price of $39,500. If I am wrong I will buy you all a beer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Correction

I didn't realize what the conversion rate is these days. 33,000 pounds is $66,000! For the A5?? not a chance. The site that posted that is full of @#$!. Incidentally, that was for the 2.7 TDI anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem I see with it is that the BMW 335 starts at 41K and the M3 will probably start around 51k.
The A5 will start in the High 30's [usd] low 40's [usd] and the S5 will start in the High 50's [usd]. The 2008 M3 is supposed to start in the low 70's [usd] and will be priced to compete with the RS4. The days of the M3 being affordable to the masses are over!!! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
The M3 is suppose to start at $57K and ALL options are a la cart.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I keep seeing the price for the A5 estimated @ $45k, i hope this isnt true, becuase the A6 starts @ $41k and the A4 starts at $29k if the A5 is suppose to be a crossover coupe between the 4 and 6.. so why would the price be higher than both???

·
Registered
40 Posts
33,000 Pounds is 0ver $50,000. Seems unlikely that Audi would try to compete with BMW and Infiniti at that price point. $45K would even be a tough buy over a 335i which starts just over 40K. The only logical speculation is that the A5 will come in under the 335i and a few grand over the A4 3.2 FSI Quattro. I predict a starting price of $39,500. If I am wrong I will buy you all a beer.
I sure hope this pricing is correct. It would make sense consider the 335i and the G35 are in this range.. Infiniti is prbably Audis biggest competition in the 2door coupe market.

·
Registered
68 Posts
dont compare the S5 with the M3, wait til you see the RS5(if theres gonna be 1) but if there is it'll be cheaper and every bit faster and better looking than the M3

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm looking forward to getting a A5 after graduation next year...

I read this in the yahoo autos review .. a story from newcartestdrive.com

The base price of the 2008 Audi A5 is expected to start just below $30,000. The Audi S5 will be a limited-production, high-performance coupe (pictured here) we're guessing will retail in the neighborhood of $50,000.

Anybody have any ideas of what the lower priced models look like.. just curious... i'm sure it looks pretty similar to the pictures.. I'm just wondering whats all added to make it almost 20k more.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
See the links I provided in the "Tampa area dealers.." post. I posted a link from my area dealer to so many photos that you'll be able to build one yourself! ;) Oh, never mind - I see that you did look.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm looking forward to getting a A5 after graduation next year...

I read this in the yahoo autos review .. a story from newcartestdrive.com

The base price of the 2008 Audi A5 is expected to start just below $30,000. The Audi S5 will be a limited-production, high-performance coupe (pictured here) we're guessing will retail in the neighborhood of $50,000.

Anybody have any ideas of what the lower priced models look like.. just curious... i'm sure it looks pretty similar to the pictures.. I'm just wondering whats all added to make it almost 20k more.
audiusa.com will have specific details

Basically S5 has bigger engine, wheels, brakes, AWD, and more interior options as standard. The body lines are the same but the bumpers are different.

·
Registered
27 Posts
oh yesssss.. i was looking at the Audi US site you can build your own.. but i would like to see a price as well .. motivation i tell you.. anyways i'm confused on what i want to do.. plans for now involve moving to london.. sell my car here .. then buy another...whenever i get there? even when i lived there i never got used to the roads..i'd always think i was day dreaming and steer back into the american lanes.. which surely made me look crazy.. so prices are generally the same in UK .. yes?

·
Registered
695 Posts
oh yesssss.. i was looking at the Audi US site you can build your own.. but i would like to see a price as well .. motivation i tell you.. anyways i'm confused on what i want to do.. plans for now involve moving to london.. sell my car here .. then buy another...whenever i get there? even when i lived there i never got used to the roads..i'd always think i was day dreaming and steer back into the american lanes.. which surely made me look crazy.. so prices are generally the same in UK .. yes?
US$ estimates are lower than current UK pricing by about 35%. So prices are significantly higher in the UK.

I only had to drive on the wrong side of the road once. However it was in a LHD car so I had no problems with the car just keeping to the correct side of the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
US$ estimates are lower than current UK pricing by about 35%. So prices are significantly higher in the UK.

I only had to drive on the wrong side of the road once. However it was in a LHD car so I had no problems with the car just keeping to the correct side of the road.

ok then.. something to keep in mind.. thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts