Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Sorry if this sounds a little strange;

I was wondering if anyone experienced any loud flapping like noises because the plastic engine guard isn’t installed. - the bigger part at the front?

I had my water pump replaced at my mates place, had a tough time with it and forgot to put this plastic engine guard /tray back on when we finished.

Car started fine, no leaks, codes etc and went home.
Next day once i hit 40-50 kms i hear this loud noise like a flapping NON metalic noise coming from the front area.

Can noise be due to this plastic tray? I only took it off to drain radiator and now lost it too!

thanks for reading.
Hamz

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does sound like wind buffeting on the other plastics, front plastic joins to other plastics so it essentially is creating a vibration onto the other plastics.
Hi mate - thank you so much i really hope its the cause. I rang 3 Audi Dealers no one has a New one i can buy right away. I ordered one but will take a week, so need to look for a 2nd hand one.

thanks for reply.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would just wait a week, second hand will probably have scuff marks
Hi mate,

You were correct, it was the other half of the plastic tray flapping from the wind & hitting the road making the loud noise.

I temporarily clamped it down and the noise stopped.

Thanks for your help pal. i can now wait for new one, a little expensive but cant avoid it.

Hamz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi mate,

You were correct, it was the other half of the plastic tray flapping from the wind & hitting the road making the loud noise.

I temporarily clamped it down and the noise stopped.

Thanks for your help pal. i can now wait for new one, a little expensive but cant avoid it.

Hamz
Glad to help, here's a link with all the parts for the coupe just in case you need to figure what to buy.

underbody trim Audi A5/S5 Cabriolet (A5CA) 2016 year Audi MEXICO 825000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts