Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I’d paint the callipers during the lockdown.I mixed my own smooth hammerite to get a dark grey...they are darker than they look and added some S decals??
Hope you like!

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Spending time doing calliper painting really improves the look. The S decals are the finishing touch...what’s next?

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Very classy look, well done that man!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice job with the calipers. If I were to critique though, painting the disc centres would finish it off nicely.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How is the Hamerite paint holding up to the heat, I've used high heat calliper paint on mine and so far hasn't discoloured at all plus the coated discs still look fresh as a daisy even after not being used for 15 days due to the lockdown.

Mick

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
On my old 3.0tdi I used Gunmetal hi temp paint :) Painted the discs too, makes it look sooo much better! These are about 2.5 years like this!

Nothing worse than having nice wheels with a taty rusty caliper behind them! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looking nice!
Got this job on my to do list this week also!
Gonna do the calipers and the wheel drums, Ive used hammerite on calipers on previous cars and its always lasted well, I usually put a bit of car lacquer on to help seal everything - especially if your putting on a decal a bit of lacquer over the top always helps the decal stay stuck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought I’d paint the callipers during the lockdown.I mixed my own smooth hammerite to get a dark grey...they are darker than they look and added some S decals??
Hope you like!
Looks really good - did you need to take the calipers off to paint them or did you paint them in situ? Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts