Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

As the title says, I should be the happy owner of a 3.0 TDI Quattro in January.

color : Daytona gray
some of the options : wheels 19'' Y, Milano leather light beige, sport seats, MMI high, B&O audio system, and so on ;).

Can't wait to get it, meanwhile I drive my "old" A4 3.0 quattro cabrio. I live in Switzerland and I'am a girl :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the club. Agirl you say :) Now you will be the envy of every guy in your town :) I ordered my and will get it eiter Feburary or March. :) Congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hello everyone,

As the title says, I should be the happy owner of a 3.0 TDI Quattro in January.

color : Daytona gray
some of the options : wheels 19'' Y, Milano leather light beige, sport seats, MMI high, B&O audio system, and so on ;).

Can't wait to get it, meanwhile I drive my "old" A4 3.0 quattro cabrio. I live in Switzerland and I'am a girl :D
Hi,
It would be a good idea to put the details of where you are located in your sig. box. Specs vary according to country you are in.
I hope you know that without SatNav there is quite a lot different from the glossy brochure pictures. e.g MMI is relaoted to the dashboard and CD player is single speed and no metal/carbon trim around the console.

If I were you I would reconsider this option to avoid disappointment.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats on becoming a future A5 owner. I'm sure you're very excited.

Also, welcome to the forum! :)

Would you please update your profile to reflect 'Switzerland' for your location? It will be helpful for others to know when reading your posts to threads (given that A5/S5 specs differ depending upon the country). Thanks!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Girls on the forum are good ! :cool: :D

We need more of you !:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
In Switzerland the option called "MMI High" includes the sat nav. I have also the I-pod connection and I will update my sig.
Good for you.
There was another Swiss based owner who just found out that without Sat/Nav he didn't get a front centre armrest and to retrofit is 1000 SF.
I didnt spec it at first but am pleased I did apart from the huge extra cost - £2k!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi - THis is the first Daytona Gray A5 on the forum - was that a standard color or audi exclusive? Usuallyonly metoer gray or quartz gray are available......

Well, now we finally have a girl on this post.... Please avoid sending pics of the car with a guy in underwear showing his body.....;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Daytona gray is an Audi Exclusive color, so it's available as an expensive option.
Welcome. When it comes in get pictures up of the special color. If possible put it in front of or next to a standard Meteor or Quartz so we can all see the difference. It should be a wonderful color and very unique.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Oh, I see you answered my question here! I have a cousin who had what I though was Daytona on his A4, and it should be quite different to Meteor and Quartz (more gun-metal gray than anything), with none of the complexity of Meteor. Should look fantastic! Welcome!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Wismie,

Me too - I should get mine just into the new year!

See below for the spec. Can't wait now!

I checked with my dealer and he still has my car being built week 48/07 which according to my year planner is this week! He's said normally 3-4 weeks after build until delivery, so with Christmas and New Year, I'm working on a January delivery. Also makes it a 2008 57 plate rather than 2007, so the extra few days won't hurt:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Welcome. When it comes in get pictures up of the special color. If possible put it in front of or next to a standard Meteor or Quartz so we can all see the difference. It should be a wonderful color and very unique.
Thanks actually I think a LOT of people will want to see some pictures of it, as this color is usually presented at shows (it was the 3.2 color at the Geneva launch show), and I suspect it will be quite different "in real life" than under the exhibition's spots.

As per putting it next to a meteor or black one, I will try, but there are not so many A5/S5 out there were I live ;) (at least, for now, although I suspect that in a few months we'll see more of them)

It certainly looks more metallic than the meteor gray (which is why I didn't take meteor :D) and can drastically change depending on weather/light conditions.

@scratch : I don't have a build date, but as my car is supposed to be delivered around the 10th of January, I guess it will be built quite soon.

some pics :

and compared to Meteor :

·
Registered
677 Posts
WOW! Now I wish I had a Daytona Gray coming. I also do like the darker shade vs. Meteor. Of course if I reorder now it will probably be February or later that I would get my car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
@scratch : I don't have a build date, but as my car is supposed to be delivered around the 10th of January, I guess it will be built quite soon.

If I were you I would check with your dealer when build is complete. As I said to Scratch build cycle seems to take all of 10 days, after that you can assume 2-3 weeks in the UK, most probably quicker in Switzerland .

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Colour looks amazing... but we need to see it in daylight as this is how it will be seen out in the world!

Can't wait for your pics.... when the car finally arrives!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts