Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for one more of my life blog posts, but I feel like my future A/S5 brethren should know of the possibility of a new member in the family :D

I think, as much as it pains me to say, that I will not be ordering an A5 anytime in the near future. My situation just doesn't allow it. I'm currently working, living at home, have a car, very few bills to pay, etc. That sounds like an ideal time for buying your first car, right? Well, I'll be applying for my Masters next year all over N.A., which would mean that if I got accepted then, I would really only have my car for about a year if I ordered it as soon as I could (assuming the 3.2 quattro flag is lifted soon for my market).

When I come back from my Masters a year or two later, I'll be coming back to a car that's been either used by everyone in my household for over a year, or a car that's been sitting there, neglected, for as long as I was gone. I don't think that having driven the car for a year is worth spending my next two years of ownership being thousands of miles away from it, worrying all the time. Not ideal.

So, I've decided that I will put a pause on my A/S5 journey. Why? Well, not only will I not have to worry about such a situation anymore, but I'll be able to build up the finances for a much, much quicker car (RS5, anyone?!? :D )

I feel like I've made the right choice. I'll still stick around the boards. It'll be painful, but I will. Gotta keep that post count up! :p :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Really sorry to hear that, Crespo, but it sounds like you are making a well reasoned decision. And, yes, we'll all be quite jealous of your 2011 RS5!

Hope you definitely will stick around!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well I ordered Crespo, so you now have my old title - Highest Postcount for a Non-Owner ! :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Well that's a real bummer for you, Crespo. You've obviously had some time to mull things over, though. So, I gather this is the right decision for you under the circumstances. Glad to hear you'll still continue to hang out here with us regardless.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sorry to hear that...your logic makes sense. Great things come to those who wait. So when you return, I'm certain a more improved version will be available! Best of luck in your studies. I'll be done with my Masters degree at the end of this year. It's a great feeling, almost as good as picking up a brand spanking new Audi A5 :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.