Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
So two days ago, my car arrived, and i opted not to get it because they wouldn't give it to me under MSRP let alone, MSRP.
Therefore, I am at the start again.
So I did the math, and it would seem somewhat logical to get the S5 =P.
Well the way i figure is:
My original Build would be, Deep Sea Blue A5, manual, Prem, Tech, Navi = $ 47,265.00
If i add the S-line keeping what i already have, that would bring me up to $ 50,165.00
Which is the difference between my car and the S5 (options and package wise) so if i include that, the S5 is only $5k away, which would have been the markup, that my dealer wanted me to pay (s-line markups are $7.5k).
I really don't care for the S-line, but the S5 is that much more enticing. We'll what do you guys think?

Oh and the other issue, is about the new MMI. Now that i've opted out and have not gotten my car, i kind of feel like waiting for the new MMI, but i do kind of need a new car.

Btw, i turned down the car because i dont believe any of us should pay anything more than MSRP, especially with the American Economy so horrible.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You didn't have a contract with them? when I put down my deposit in 2007 August my contract has 2 % below MSRP....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, no, i didnt put a contract with them...i believe even if i did, they wouldn't have ordered me the car.
they were very strong about selling the car 5k above the MSRP

on another note, i decided today to just stick with the a5, i really dont need the S5, its faster and better looking, but in the long run, no need for all those horses to run, this way i save roughly 8k.

·
Registered
384 Posts
You didn't have a contract with them? when I put down my deposit in 2007 August my contract has 2 % below MSRP....
Holy hell dude, you ordered in August of last year and you still haven't gotten your car?!?!?!

You need to do a comm check on AudiWorld.com and make sure they're not BSing you. If so it's time to switch dealers!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
A5 or S5 ??? NEW 3.0 TFsi motor??

Anyone know if Audi plan to replace the 3.2 motor with the 290bhp 3.0 Supercharged motor being fitted in the revised A6. It would be a cracker, petrol performance without the S5 drink problem. Probably wouldn't sound so good as the V8 though? Any thoughts?:)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Hi guys,
So two days ago, my car arrived, and i opted not to get it because they wouldn't give it to me under MSRP let alone, MSRP.
My original Build would be, Deep Sea Blue A5, manual, Prem, Tech, Navi = $ 47,265.00
If i add the S-line keeping what i already have, that would bring me up to $ 50,165.00
Which is the difference between my car and the S5 (options and package wise) so if i include that, the S5 is only $5k away, which would have been the markup, that my dealer wanted me to pay (s-line markups are $7.5k).
I really don't care for the S-line, but the S5 is that much more enticing. We'll what do you guys think?
I crossed the same bridge as you in August. Check out my thread, it has calculations:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/im-going-dark-3965/index.html

As for practicality, I commute 90 miles a day and the gas mileage still is a negligable difference. Assuming 1800 miles with a mixed driving economy of 25mpg on the A5 and 17mpg on the S5, and $4 per gallon, that's only a $136 per month difference, but a much higher enjoyment difference. That number is smaller if you drive less than 90 miles per day. Difference in insurance costs is negligable.

-Ray

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Anyone know if Audi plan to replace the 3.2 motor with the 290bhp 3.0 Supercharged motor being fitted in the revised A6. It would be a cracker, petrol performance without the S5 drink problem. Probably wouldn't sound so good as the V8 though? Any thoughts?:)
I doubt they will replace the 3.2 in the A5. There has been suggestions in the media that they will offer a supercharged engine in the S5 though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I crossed the same bridge as you in August. Check out my thread, it has calculations:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/im-going-dark-3965/index.html

As for practicality, I commute 90 miles a day and the gas mileage still is a negligable difference. Assuming 1800 miles with a mixed driving economy of 25mpg on the A5 and 17mpg on the S5, and $4 per gallon, that's only a $136 per month difference, but a much higher enjoyment difference. That number is smaller if you drive less than 90 miles per day. Difference in insurance costs is negligable.

-Ray
yeah, those are the exact same calculations i came up with..basically 5k more and i can get the S5, which was what my dealerwanted me to pay, a 5k markup.
but my original car, didnt have the s-line, thus it would be an 8k jump for me.
therefore, i've opted to just save the money + money for gas and just get an a5.
=D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi guys,

Oh and the other issue, is about the new MMI. Now that i've opted out and have not gotten my car, i kind of feel like waiting for the new MMI, but i do kind of need a new car.

Btw, i turned down the car because i dont believe any of us should pay anything more than MSRP, especially with the American Economy so horrible.

It's so unfair... that's nearly what we pay in ££££s
We get so ripped off in the UK.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It's so unfair... that's nearly what we pay in ££££s
We get so ripped off in the UK.
However, we do get access to far more options to select. And our prices are OTR. American prices seem to get all sorts of things added to the Audi retail price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts