Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't know which forum to put this in so I chose this one :) I really love the A series platform, and was thinking of buying a S-line A5, but pretty loaded for 48,000, it seems better to buy a S5 with Nav for around 53k, the only thing is the dealer can't get one until late 2008 early 2009. My biggest thing is I want that extra 90hp the S5 gives. I could wait another year, but it only hurts my trade in which is a 03' Mini Cooper S. I can get around 10k or so now, but if I wait I'm worried I won't get that amount, which will be part of my down payment. So i was thinking of buying the A5 S-line financing for 5 years, and maybe in 3-5 years traded that towards the S5.

Also is it possible to mod the A5 past 300hp with a simple Re-mapping and exhaust. This would before the 3.2 USS version. I've read that people getting their 1.8T and 3.0 and 2.7 TDi Hp bumped a pretty good amount. SO do you expect decent moding for 3.2 A5's? If so then it makes it easier to just buy a A5 and later down the road a S5.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have three A5's at one of my local dealers so waiting for a A5 isn't a problem seeing the one I want is there.

So re-mapping and adding an exhaust will cost another 5-7k?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
They only have 1 S-line it's the second darkest gray color they have
it's like 50,300. or very close to that price.

Of course I would go for the S5 is they had them, but I couldn't get one until ext year because of the wait. So I though buy the A5 and then sell it later towards an S5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts