Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't know which forum to put this in so I chose this one :) I really love the A series platform, and was thinking of buying a S-line A5, but pretty loaded for 48,000, it seems better to buy a S5 with Nav for around 53k, the only thing is the dealer can't get one until late 2008 early 2009. My biggest thing is I want that extra 90hp the S5 gives. I could wait another year, but it only hurts my trade in which is a 03' Mini Cooper S. I can get around 10k or so now, but if I wait I'm worried I won't get that amount, which will be part of my down payment. So i was thinking of buying the A5 S-line financing for 5 years, and maybe in 3-5 years traded that towards the S5.

Also is it possible to mod the A5 past 300hp with a simple Re-mapping and exhaust. This would before the 3.2 USS version. I've read that people getting their 1.8T and 3.0 and 2.7 TDi Hp bumped a pretty good amount. SO do you expect decent moding for 3.2 A5's? If so then it makes it easier to just buy a A5 and later down the road a S5.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
120 Posts
a5 vs. s5

So i was thinking of buying the A5 S-line financing for 5 years, and maybe in 3-5 years traded that towards the S5.

Also is it possible to mod the A5 past 300hp with a simple Re-mapping and exhaust. This would before the 3.2 USS version. I've read that people getting their 1.8T and 3.0 and 2.7 TDi Hp bumped a pretty good amount. SO do you expect decent moding for 3.2 A5's? If so then it makes it easier to just buy a A5 and later down the road a S5.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

The only reason I bought the A5 and not the S5 was because of money. Mine came out to 48,000 once all was said and done (taxes, tags, options etc). If money is no object, why not get the S5? If you order an A5 now, I can guarantee you wont get it until 2009 anyway, same as the S5.

I ordered mine in NovembeR 2007.

Also, I think it was covered in a previous post in the performance/mods section. To chip the A5 and modify it to S5 levels would cost as much as the S5.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have three A5's at one of my local dealers so waiting for a A5 isn't a problem seeing the one I want is there.

So re-mapping and adding an exhaust will cost another 5-7k?

·
Registered
120 Posts
http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.php?nav=3&FZID=A5176TDiq

I know its the TDI and not the petrol engine, but its the same idea. Convert that to USD and its $4,793. And thats just increasing the BHP by 50. You still get an additional 50 from the S5 engine.

There are other differences in the S5 besides the engine too. The body panels are slightly different, giving it a much more aggrssive look in my opinion.

Which dealership has all these A5's just sitting around near you?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If its not to difficult to strech the budget to the S5 then go for it, so long as you can deal with its drinking habbit too. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd def go for a S5 if lived in States fuel costs less of an issue compared to UK.

·
Registered
97 Posts
S5! Just because:)))

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
They only have 1 S-line it's the second darkest gray color they have
it's like 50,300. or very close to that price.

Of course I would go for the S5 is they had them, but I couldn't get one until ext year because of the wait. So I though buy the A5 and then sell it later towards an S5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts