Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the process of getting a new coupe and its down to the 335xi coupe (e92) or the a5. the bmw is only ahead due to the over whelming amount of power that the a5 3.2 fsi just cant match if i had the extra 10 grand id buy a s5 but i dont so thats not an option so i was wondering if there were any mods that could be done to the a5 to decrease the difference. thanks in advance

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome to the site

There sure are mate. plenty.

If you could add your location into your profile it would help us to help you. We can provide country specific details on your forthcoming posts.

An engine remap would give a boost. Possibly an exhaust system upgrade too.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Any mod you can do on the A5 will yield even more power in the 335. While of course I'm biased and would say the A5 is a better car (better looking, better interior, etc), if it's power for the money you want, the 335 is the way to go.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Considering the engine on the G35 has only about 10% more torque than the A5 (268 vs 243 ft-lb) and the hp advantage only comes close to redline, I don't think you will find too much of a power deficit in everyday driving versus your current car. I think the new 3.2 also reaches peak torque much earlier than the G35 (3250 vs 5000+ RPM) so that may also compensate somewhat. Of course neither engine will match the insanely flat 300ft-lb torque curve of the 335.

To your question, you could probably get a decent bump in the 3.2's power from a new exhaust (maybe 10-15 hp and as much torque). Stasis makes an A5 exhaust that I believe still allows you to keep the factory warranty if installed through a dealer. I'm not sure what engine remaps are available for the 3.2 but you could get something out of that too.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Considering the engine on the G35 has only about 10% more torque than the A5 (268 vs 243 ft-lb) and the hp advantage only comes close to redline, I don't think you will find too much of a power deficit in everyday driving versus your current car. I think the new 3.2 also reaches peak torque much earlier than the G35 (3250 vs 5000+ RPM) so that may also compensate somewhat.
Yep, I test drove the G37 which has more torque than the G35, and the A5 3.2 still feels faster in most driving conditions.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 3.2 fsi a5 and my brother has a 335xi and i must say his car is beautiful but the a5 blows it away in looks...But the thing is the car is so much faster, on the highway we were both doing 110 and he just walked away from me. The a5 is such a fast car though and has plenty of power all around.

If you are looking to put work in to the car you can do an exhaust and chip or even I am having a eruo tuner shop by me make an intake for me witch after all three of those mods I'm looking at a 40-50 hp increases. My brother on the other hand just put in an afe intake and gained 30 hp and 35 foot pounds. The 335 can produce much more power due to the twin turbos.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 3.2 fsi a5 and my brother has a 335xi and i must say his car is beautiful but the a5 blows it away in looks...But the thing is the car is so much faster, on the highway we were both doing 110 and he just walked away from me. The a5 is such a fast car though and has plenty of power all around.

If you are looking to put work in to the car you can do an exhaust and chip or even I am having a eruo tuner shop by me make an intake for me witch after all three of those mods I'm looking at a 40-50 hp increases. My brother on the other hand just put in an afe intake and gained 30 hp and 35 foot pounds. The 335 can produce much more power due to the twin turbos.
I actually just replaced my 335i with the A5 ... Clearly 335 is much faster, but the A5 is a more complete, well rounded, package IMO. However, I would also like to make it a bit quicker, who are your contacts for the air intake and chip tuning?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The intake is going to be built by a euro tunning shop by me and they told me that chip software should be available soon from a software company(I forget witch one). I think if you go to any tunning shop that works on a lot of vw and audis then they can tell you but if you want i can talk to the guys at the shop when i bring my car in for vag-com and get the company's name.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow, a new exhaust will get me 10-15hp and lbs torque? That's not bad.

Has anyone done a chip remap yet? Is there a reasonably priced one? Anything that won't kill my warranty?

I'd love to get an extra 30-35hp out of this car as well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I posted a few months back my HP and torque figures with the K&N drop in filter and STaSIS exhaust.

4wd dyno used, shows 239HP but 215 ft-lbs. torque. Keeping in mind this is in a tiptronic equipped car, and 91 octane (California decafe fuel.)

scouring the internet, I'm seeing G35's "stock" posting about 228 - 259 RWHP with 222 - 254 ft-lbs. Don't know if they're automatics or not.

Just posting so you can see the comparison.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.