Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone else with an A5 (or R8) suffer from bad streaks being left on the windows when there are open / closed?

For some reason I seem to suffer this greatly on both the drivers window on the A5 & R8.
The streaks always appear in the centre of the window (roughly 5cm wide) and are cloudy (white) in appearance.
I originally put it down to the car seals being wet due to a recently washed car or a bad rainy day, but it occurs even when the car is dry on a hot day.

Does anyone else suffer from this? Is it caused by the window mechanism?

Thanks

·
Registered
871 Posts
I used to get it on my A4 Cab but not on my A5. I reckon it is probably a bit of stray lubricant on the window mech

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I had this on my passenger window for the first 4 weeks along with a super high pitch squeal, it stopped before i had a change to get to the dealers. I'm getting a bit of wind noise now from the windows at high speed so may need to get that looked at.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah, I get the same streaks. I've always blamed it on the wife's alcohol fumes condensing on the windows.

Seriously, I do get the streaks and had assumed it was just grime collecting on the seals which then got spread on the window as it goes up/down. I've got a really innovative way of addressing this ... I wash my car and wipe the inside of the windows ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
RobR8A5 -

I think know what the problem is with your window... it may require sometime to test just to make sure my prediction is correct. Let me borrow your R8 for a minimum of 1 month and I will return it to you after the testing is complete...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers TuffLittleUnit, I hadn't thought of cleaning my car.......:p They are both cleaned weekly, and the problem still exists!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.