Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally the A5 is scheduled to be unveiled in Dubai. I got an invitation to the A5 launch at the swanky Emirates Palace hotel (Abu Dhabi) on the 4th of June. Boy, I am really excited. I was hoping to receive my car at the launch, but they've delayed mine to the end of June. I really hope my choice of Aruba blue doesnt make it look too odd. I saw the S8 today in a gleaming, shiny grey. Any idea whether the same is offered in the A5?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Spacerc,
I had gone to the launch of the A5 yesterday at Emirates Palace. It was delayed from the original plan of last week due the death of the Sheikh in Abu Dhabi. From what I have understood, the S5 isnt expected here for a while mainly because they are scared of the overheating issue. I guess they will wait for a while to see how the A5 performs in the weather conditions before launching the S5. I am still waiting to hear from them on the exact delivery schedule for my car.

However the launch wasn't really that eyepopping and they didnt bother to highlight the features of the car. It was more of a case of form than substance being marketed.

I guess the Abu Dhabi dealers would have the car in their showrooms starting today. Do note that they are '08 models and Dubai would be having '09 models later next month. However I doubt there is going to be much difference between the two in terms of specifications.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got to see the car... and its AWESOME.....
Cant wait to get my papers in order to obtain delivery! Hopefully should have it in hand by next week.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.