Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! So I've been a member of these forums for a while now and am constantly coming back to see what everyone has done to their cars, trying to get ideas for when mine arrives.

Today is the day, the car was delivered and it looks insane. I couldn't have imagined it would look better, I am absolutely thrilled!

So the story how I settled on this spec and colour. I had originally ordered a Phantom Black A5 3.0 TDI and I had about a months wait left. I was driving passed an Audi dealer one day and thought I would stop by to see what they had in - as you do! I saw this TT in the showroom which was Suzuka Grey and it looked amazing. The colour looked white but slightly different, slightly brighter and there was just something about it that pulled me in.

That very same day I called up the dealer I had ordered mine from and told them I wanted to cancel the order and place a new order for my A5, but with Suzuka Grey as the colour. As you can imagine they weren't very happy with me as it had all the bells and whistles on it and they would struggle to sell it.

Anyway, I insisted and placed my new order. 4 months wait... argh! I had just gone from being a month away to 4 months but I kept telling myself it was worth it.

Just before it was due to be delivered, I made a purchase and bought the 20" Audi rims which I must say look amazing. I'm told there are only 4 sets in the UK at the moment - who knows if that is true or not but I don't care. The dealer fitted the rims before delivering the car and it arrived today.

Again, I couldn't be more thrilled with it - the interior knocks the socks off my old A3 S-Line, the feel of quality and class is great when driving along and its amazing how many people look at you when you drive through town - must be those daytime running lights!

I'd love some opinions on my choice of rims and colour. I would also like to know if anyone recommends getting the Milltek exhaust mod - I just saw a video of it on YouTube and it makes the car sound loads better outside, can anyone tell me if you notice a difference inside and whether its a good difference or if it becomes annoying after a while?

Also I am planning on getting my windows tinted - any opinions on how dark I should go?

Enough of me talking - here are the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Very Nice Whealey

I bet it looks Superb in the flesh.....

Nice Wheels - they set the colour off Brilliantly :cool:

Bet your well chuffed....... Nice Driveway as well :D

You in Norfolk ??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am soooo chuffed haha!

I'm actually based in East Yorkshire near York, not many A5's around here. Why do you ask? :)

Also, just seen your sig, how did you get your DRL's to not dim when using the indicators or on the side light setting, would much prefer that!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hey whealey, super looking car, i was really tempted with this combo albeit with ibis white, i just didnt have the balls. I hope you can make it to a UK meet sometime I really would love to see it in the flesh.

Think you've been fed porkies on the wheels as I've seen them on quite a few A5's, but as you say, they are a lot more rare and certainly look the nuts.

As for mods, if i were you check out the UK section under APS mods meet, the 1inch drop, and spacers should give it a bit more agression. Perhaps the s-line rear bumper/valance? which looks a bit nicer, def milltek exhaust. And finally the VAGCOM mods to stop the blinking DRLs :) pop along to norfolk if your not too far away next saturday as we're having a meet and Doubledoom will be bringing his VAGCOM cable.

·
Registered
821 Posts
As robb said re DRL mods... i wanted to see it in the flesh so was hoping you could come next saturday :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah just read his post after writing my reply to you :p

I'd love to come along but unfortunately I am busy all day on Saturday - would have been an amazing way to get into the A5 spirit a week after its delivery!

Out of curiosity, how often do these A5 meets take place, I'd love to come along to one, especially for the light mods!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
No worries Whealey, will be great to see the car in the flesh so hopefully get some more maybe different location before the end of the year, its all a bit unorganised at the moment so best to just keep on eye on the UK forum. Im out the country untill Nov shortly so i wont be around for any more meets untill then.

·
Registered
821 Posts
We will have to have a mid way meet in Nov/Dec then.... a Winter Wonderland Crimbo Meet :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good to me, hopefully I'll be able to make it :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks, I am soooo chuffed haha!

I'm actually based in East Yorkshire near York, not many A5's around here. Why do you ask? :)

Also, just seen your sig, how did you get your DRL's to not dim when using the indicators or on the side light setting, would much prefer that!
Hi Whealey

Love the car, must take some bottle to change the colour so close to the delivery date - did u buy from Audi York? I agree that you don't see many A5s on our roads, Im from Cawood 10 miles out of York due delivery of my A5 early Jan (counting down each day!!). You will have to sign up for the Yorkshire meet, although only half a dozen members replied to the thread so we will see if it goes ahead.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it was a really tough decision but I would do it again as the colour I have now is amazing!

I got it from Lincoln Audi :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well done whealey - i too didnt have the balls to go with the white, but it looks the Dogs balls if you ask me nice combo.

pitty you cant make the meet next Sat, im looking forward to it. I took delivery on friday, and its not stoped pissing it down so no good pics yet, but ill try and do something tomorrow.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats!

I love the colour and the wheels! I'm jealous that we can't seem to get those RS4 wheels for our A5's here in North America.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Your making me think, maybe I should be brave and go for white with my GTR. I went out for lunch this afternoon and over heard a conversation between a group of women talking about cars(yes this was very strange) and one of them was saying she loved the new 3series coupe in white. Grrrr ....

·
Registered
479 Posts
I see you have come from an A3 S-line as well whealy. Its quite a big step up in terms of size and quality isn't it?? The ride is far superior to my old A3.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I see you have come from an A3 S-line as well whealy. Its quite a big step up in terms of size and quality isn't it?? The ride is far superior to my old A3.
There seems to be quite a few of us with S Line A3's looking to get, or already got, A5's. When I test drove a 2.7TDI Multitronic last weekend that's exactly what I came away thinking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great looking wheels. I am now tempted to change wheels!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts