Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So I've currently got a 2008 A5 coupe and I've recently found a 2010 A5 S line convertible interior up for sale.

I want to know will the front seats and door cards swap over? I know the rear seats won't.

Any info helps! Don't want to drop a decent amount of cash to find out I'm screwed 馃槀

Thanks!

Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
The front seats I believe may have component protection on the previous VIN and will throw up a fault code, the only way to take it off is to take it to Audi to remove CP and then to put your VIN instead.

prices vary heavily from dealer to dealer for CP removal.

the door cards should be straight forward too. Additionally if the car seats have neck warmer features you鈥檇 have to code it to work aswell.

All the best!
~Alex

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front seats I believe may have component protection on the previous VIN and will throw up a fault code, the only way to take it off is to take it to Audi to remove CP and then to put your VIN instead.

prices vary heavily from dealer to dealer for CP removal.

the door cards should be straight forward too. Additionally if the car seats have neck warmer features you鈥檇 have to code it to work aswell.

All the best!
~Alex
Thank you! Very helpful! I'll ring my local dealership and find out some pricing

Premium Member
Guys, a few years ago for my very worn A5 cloth interior I purchased a full leather interior from a scrapyard. When we swapped it over all was ok and we found some connecters, when we plugged them in even the front electric seats worked!! (the existing ones were manual). We also replace the door cards etc and all went well, no coding needed.

Registered
I swapped over my seat module keeping my module with my car when I swapped seats and avoided issues with component protection that way.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts