Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

just brought my new a5, an 07 3.0l Quattro.

but just noticed that the check engine light dosent illuminate on the clocks. I’ve checked by unplugging the maf which showed a fault on the reader but the light didn’t come on. Also dosent come on when the ignition is turned on.

is there also meant Be a light for when the lights are put on? Used to seeing a green light symbol.

Car has supposedly been mapped due to fog and exhaust changes could they have messed up and turned off the engine light or could it be a bulb on the dash?

all other lights I’ve checked seem to work ok.

thanks all.

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
887 Posts
When you have the car in Acc mode so one push of the key and not have your brakes on then the check engine light should be illuminated.

what you’re saying about the bulb or software delete of the light could very well be possible in order to pass MOT as that light being on would be an instant failure.

~Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alex.
Are the bulbs easy to change on these or are they soldered onto the circuit board? Might be the first thing to try.
I’ve scanned with the code reader and no error codes are present.
Thanks

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
887 Posts
Thanks Alex.
Are the bulbs easy to change on these or are they soldered onto the circuit board? Might be the first thing to try.
I’ve scanned with the code reader and no error codes are present.
Thanks
The thing is I believe the B8 used soldered LEDs for the instrument cluster, unless someone can correct me, they’re a PITA to replace and also you’ll need some soldering skills as the LEDs diodes are tiny.

The chances of someone turning it off sounds crazy In my opinion as if you have tuned the car the last failsafe is the CEL being on.

I would say LED being broken is pretty low in BUT that would be my first call on it.

Having the CEL off permanently is still better than having it on all the time considering it’s the lesser of the two evils 😂🤪

~Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts