Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, ive upgraded from the halogen to led tail lights however i have an issue with the coding. The tail light doesnt seem to light up, the brake lights work, and when i turn the tail lights on the brake light lights up dim.

Ive looked everywhere on the Internet at different coding solutions but none of them seem to work with my lights.

If someone could help me with the codung id appreciate it. Thank you

Also the harness is connected like this diagram

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi all, ive upgraded from the halogen to led tail lights however i have an issue with the coding. The tail light doesnt seem to light up, the brake lights work, and when i turn the tail lights on the brake light lights up dim.

Ive looked everywhere on the Internet at different coding solutions but none of them seem to work with my lights.

If someone could help me with the codung id appreciate it. Thank you

Also the harness is connected like this diagram
View attachment 181276
I think there is an expert on this forum @Baas J.

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I did mine (years ago)
I had the wiring harness wrong.
There's a left and a right harness.
Swapped them over and all worked.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I did mine (years ago)
I had the wiring harness wrong.
There's a left and a right harness.
Swapped them over and all worked.
Do you mean got a new harness? Or swapped the left and right side? (How did they differentiate?)

·
Registered
54 Posts
New harness.
I was upgrading from halogen to RS5 lights (neon strip not led).
The harness came from Germany and I assumed they would be for left or right.
But the harnesses needed to be wired up left and right.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They look familiarI But t was years ago.
I'm currently at work and don't finish till 1
Will have a look in the morning if that helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please if you could, try and show the pin diagram as well, abit stuck at the moment

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another thing is did you do the coding or get someone to do it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE,
all the lights are assigned to the correct channel and they all function properly, however when i do the coding it stays briefly then it resets itself to the default coding, im using obdelevn and wonder if this is an issue, i also get this error code on the comfort module,03389 as well as ir say "vehicle light malfunction " on the dashboard

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi I used vcds at the time and you needed to enter a security code ( widely available on here in the sticky section) if you didn't the car wouldn't accept the new coding.
Or sometimes you would need to do the coding a few times to get it to work.
Can't help with obdeleven I've never used it.
I know I had to change the coding to get rid of the error code.( My pc crashed and died so I can't even get to see my coding anymore)
Be careful you don't want to brick the bcm.
I've taken a few pics of the wiring but it definitely looks like a coding issue.
Just let me know if still need the pics.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi I used vcds at the time and you needed to enter a security code ( widely available on here in the sticky section) if you didn't the car wouldn't accept the new coding.
Or sometimes you would need to do the coding a few times to get it to work.
Can't help with obdeleven I've never used it.
I know I had to change the coding to get rid of the error code.( My pc crashed and died so I can't even get to see my coding anymore)
Be careful you don't want to brick the bcm.
I've taken a few pics of the wiring but it definitely looks like a coding issue.
Just let me know if still need the pics.
Hi there the obdelevn adaption works like vcds, ive attached a photo of what it looks like.

I know its a coding issue but im struggling to see what the issue is given all the codes work and then it resets itself. Thats the part confusing me. Im using access code 41067 which allows me to change them. This must be the right code otherwise it wouldnt change the values in the first place, im abit lost on what to look at next

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do the coding a few times and see if it changes.
I did try an app ( when pc crashed) and that wouldn't do coding even though it said it would for the paid version.
My only other advice is find someone with Ross tech ( vcds) and try that way.
There is a map in the sticky section of owners with vcds who would be willing to help for a beer or two.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do the coding a few times and see if it changes.
I did try an app ( when pc crashed) and that wouldn't do coding even though it said it would for the paid version.
My only other advice is find someone with Ross tech ( vcds) and try that way.
There is a map in the sticky section of owners with vcds who would be willing to help for a beer or two.
Will give it a shot, thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another thing to try would be try some simple coding like turning off the after wipe on the wipers or something simpler.
The coding is in the stickies at the top of this page.
If simple coding isn't excepted then you'll know it's the obd coder.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Use VCDS and and to forget to save after EVERY adaption, so not just when you finsihed like all ten.

·
Registered
37 Posts
did you end up having to swap any wires around? Or was it all correct? Need to get wires for mine but can’t find any that’s for uk spec car. Plus I have 2013 witch halogen and have fl led lights and all the adaptors I found are not for 2013 most say 2007-2011

1 - 20 of 21 Posts