Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and I'm happy to be part of this forum.
I've just order my 2.0T 180ps A5 and entered the long queue that awaits delivery. So it's a long long story until Feb-March. :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
HI :)

That is a long long Wait....... You will have Try to not thinks about it !!! which is easier said than Done..... Keep popping on here and you will learn Loads about your car before you get It...... It will be worth the wait though :cool:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Larry, welcome and congrats! I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the wait is going to be agonizing. But as dbs2 mentioned, you can learn a whole lot about the car in the meantime by staying active on this forum. I waited 5 months for mine and pretty much knew the car inside and out the day I picked it up from the dealer, thanks to all the great info found on this forum.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome on board and congrats on your order! I still have a month to go (hopefully) till I lay hands on my 1.8T ordered back in Feb 08 but this site's a good pain killer for the anticipation so stay tuned patrioti! BTW what's the starting price for the 2.0lt models as there's no quotation on audi.gr yet?
:)Regards
George

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys thank u very much for your comments and your warm welcome:)

George it's nice to see one more patrioti in this forum!
About the price..the dealer told me it's 2500 euros more expensive than
the 1.8T so it's around 41000 euros starting price in Greece..
I really hope it's worth it because the 1.8 I test drove was really good.
The rest extra equipment remains the same

·
Registered
143 Posts
IMHO, 2500 euros is reasonable money given the performance upgrade. I believe what's going to be particularly noticable is the plus 25% torque within the same rev range as in the 1.8T rather than the 10bhp increase in power. I am sure it's going to pull like a train m8!;) Hang on in there!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi Larry and welcome to the family..
I think the 2.0 180 hp is a bit overpriced when compared to the 1.8.
Besides that If I were you I would go for the 211hp, quattro or not. Dealers are taking orders and it costs about 45000 Euros (the front wheel drive). I think it has the b-xenons standard though, as opposed to the 180hp. I'm not sure. If thats the case, the 211 hp is not much more expensive and definetely worths the extra euros.
Either way the car should be fantastic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Prince,
I have to inform you that Audi in Greece (Kosmocar) is not yet accepting
orders for the 211ps version. The dealer informed me that this will happen
around late August-September. Anyway the cost will exceed 45000 euros
and if you consider the fact that I was prepared for the 38500 1.8 this is
too much for me. Now for Geo_SKG that asked before our audi website
audi.gr is updated and you can find useful info and comparison for the 2.0
version.
I also noticed that I could buy S5 fully equiped if I lived in USA with the same
money I buy 2.0T.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanx for the tip larry. Yes 45K+ is much especially if you consider it can be the roof for a loaded 1.8T. But then again the launching of the 41k euro 2.0t fills the niche in the market somewhere between the clk and 3series coupe. What audi has actually achieved is they made the A5 a more expensive car now and hopefully more exclusive! I am just wonering what the residual value of the 1.8T variants going to be compared to the 2.0T after 3 years or so in Greece given the motivation for downsizing in Greek tax reality. Anyway I believe I would have probably gone for the 180hp version too have I had to choose again. I am a low rev torque addict and that costs money, I know!:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
According to post #16 in this thread from the Hellenic Audi Club (in Greek everyone) dealer "Karenta" is currently taking orders for the whole range. 211 hp cost 45900 though..oops!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts