Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 A5 3.0TDI recently went in for a service, some 43K miles on the clock. When collecting the car at the end of the day I was informed it had two items changed under a non-critical recall. Software update and a fuel pipe change.

Next day when driving the car the interior was suddenly filled with diesel fumes. Having pulled over, the car disappeared in white smoke :eek::mad:

Contacted me local dealer who carried out the service, they simply told to call Audi Assist.

Audi assist came out and determined a fuel pipe was damaged and spraying fuel straight onto the engine. The mechanic advised that if it was a petrol engine I would of been warming my hands on the flames.:mad::mad:

Car was low-loaded into the garage and after inspection they admitted liability but haven't confirmed if they damaged it or if the part was early life failure. They did advise the part was on four weeks back order.

One week later after cursing at the garage they finally robbed the part from another vehicle and it was returned home.

The audi assist service was excellent, the service from the dealer was very poor. It recognition of their problem they have offered to pay for a meal for two people. Not impressed!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
My 2007 A5 3.0TDI recently went in for a service, some 43K miles on the clock. When collecting the car at the end of the day I was informed it had two items changed under a non-critical recall. Software update and a fuel pipe change.

Next day when driving the car the interior was suddenly filled with diesel fumes. Having pulled over, the car disappeared in white smoke :eek::mad:

Contacted me local dealer who carried out the service, they simply told to call Audi Assist.

Audi assist came out and determined a fuel pipe was damaged and spraying fuel straight onto the engine. The mechanic advised that if it was a petrol engine I would of been warming my hands on the flames.:mad::mad:

Car was low-loaded into the garage and after inspection they admitted liability but haven't confirmed if they damaged it or if the part was early life failure. They did advise the part was on four weeks back order.

One week later after cursing at the garage they finally robbed the part from another vehicle and it was returned home.

The audi assist service was excellent, the service from the dealer was very poor. It recognition of their problem they have offered to pay for a meal for two people. Not impressed!
Which dealer?

A meal for 2 in Singapore all expenses paid seems pretty fair to me!;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Doesnt sound good I hope the meal they offered to buy you includes drink and at a fancy restaurant and not a happy meal for two.

Just out of interest what courtesy car did they give you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Audi dealer in Northampton. The Audi Assist people provided a A4 Soft top, couldn't wait for the A5 to return!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Audi dealer in Northampton. The Audi Assist people provided a A4 Soft top, couldn't wait for the A5 to return!
Soft tops are not a lot of fun at -7degreesC (especially with the hood down)... even the brass monkeys are hiding under a duvet in the boot!!:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
My car's going in on friday to get the fuel hose replaced and the power management software updated.

Audi assistance do provide a good service. It's good that they're familiar the the car's they are working with.

SkiingPhil, can you update your profile to match your location please.

Rab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts