Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2011 audi A5 convertible and i am looking to get the rear led tail lights, i have seen some on ebay but they are for the facelift 2012 onwards would this fit my car ??

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
882 Posts
It stick out a teeny bit on the edge as it’s not quite as curved as your B8 version.

but otherwise it will fit and you’ll need a harness kit and coding done.

~Alex

P.s. lots of write ups in this forum!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Its really easy to code too, Need any help hmu bro
Make sure you get brackets with them there expensive from audi. or I can 3D print you some for cheap like I did for my car lol. 3 years and there still holding up

Get the adapters from @Baas J.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its really easy to code too, Need any help hmu bro
Make sure you get brackets with them there expensive from audi. or I can 3D print you some for cheap like I did for my car lol. 3 years and there still holding up

Get the adapters from @Baas J.
why do i need a bracket ??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It stick out a teeny bit on the edge as it’s not quite as curved as your B8 version.

but otherwise it will fit and you’ll need a harness kit and coding done.

~Alex

P.s. lots of write ups in this forum!
Thanks Alex could i not buy aftermarket ones ?

·
Registered
471 Posts
why do i need a bracket ??
Brackets are these things that hold the light to the car. We all need them I'm saying just ensure you have some. The ones for Halogen are completely different from the LED ones

See items 20, 19. Theres 2 on the Halogens and on the FL Led theres 3 of the ones in the photo i attached.

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
882 Posts
Thanks Alex could i not buy aftermarket ones ?
It’s easier to have pre-made aftermarket ones yes!

You can also make them yourself too!

lots of info on this forums 😁

just make sure you have a coding software and cable like OBDeleven/Rosstech or if you go down the route of Kufatec they sell a dongle that plugs in and codes it for you.

~Alex

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi, I can supply the adapters + fitting and coding manual if needed. Write me a PM when interested.

If the brackets fail, don't worry, can be ordered from dealer, they are not expensive.

·
Registered
471 Posts
@Baas J. How much can you get them for? Audi Bexley told me it was 60 pounds for a set. Hence why I 3D printed some lol

·
Registered
686 Posts
I thought they were around 10 each... so 50 for a set could be right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have just found out my tail lights are LED its just the indicators that are bulbs which i want LED, any advice on what i can do ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.