Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone with a b8.5 confirm what is supposed to happen with the headlights when you turn the headlight switch to park lights (otherwise known as marker lights or side lights depending on where you are from) looks like this on the switch =00=
I've just facelifted a B8 to a B8.5, but nothing happens with the headlights when I switch it to the above, but it is a requirement in my country that is has to do something, should it be the DRLs that come on? There are no other bulbs in the headlights as far as I can tell, just the xenon headlight low/high beam (dipped/full for some of you) and the indicator/signal bulbs.

Can anyone with and 8.5 please check what happens exactly when the headlight switch is turned to =00=

Could be a VCDS issue, which I do have, just wanted to make sure what is supposed to happen, everything else on the new headlights works fine without coding, regular headlights, high/full beam, indicator/signals.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
433 Posts
Side markers in our NAR '14 A4 are integral to the bi-xenon headlight and LED taillight assemblies. Check your BCM1 J519 long coding. Hmmm, I should document the full long coding for our J519 as a rainy day exercise... --g

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tail lights work as they should, though I didn't update them to b8.5.
With the headlights being integral do you mean the "side markers" or "park lights" are just the regular xenon headlights turning on at a lower intensity?

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
433 Posts
This from the Electrical Equipment repair manual, dated Feb 2016:

3.1.4 Left/Right Front Side Marker Lamp Bulb -M33- / -M34- , Replacing, HID Head‐lamps from MY 2013​
The front side marker lamp bulb is an LED and is integrated in the headlamp housing. The LED cannot be replaced. The entire headlamp must be replaced.​

So, no, OE HID headlamp assemblies should have integrated LED side marker/parking lights. --g

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
433 Posts
NAR HID headlamps in =00= setting with ignition OFF:
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Car Wheel

Both integrated LED DRL & amber side marker are on. --g

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's great thank you for your help, now I know what I'm looking for, had no idea that side panel was a light, thought it was just a reflector.
Must just be a coding issue, I'll get to work with vcds, thanks again.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
433 Posts
In NAR models, this might be coded in Address 09, Byte 10, bit 3 = 1: Side Marker Lights (NAR) installed [PR-8EH/8EY]. --g

1 - 7 of 7 Posts