Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any give some insight into the costs for the FACTORY Audi Extended Warranties? I'm looking at getting the 7yr/100k factory warranty and would like to see some quoted prices or dealer cost.

If any dealers have this info I'd really appreciate that. My dealer quoted me $2,800 as retail and said he could work with me. I told him I wanted dealer cost or no deal...on anything. So I just want to make sure I know what that is ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have an S5 and the 6yr/100,000 was 2500.00

·
Registered
536 Posts
There was a tread talking about this same subject... use the search function to find it as it has a lot of info in it. Basically, people said that Audi, even when compared to luxury brands like BMW, Benz, Acura, and Infiniti, generally charges much more for extended warranties than these other lux brands. I believe the thread starter also mentioned the same 2800 bucks for an extended warranty, and I believe he offered the dealer 2300 for it. The dealer then responded by offering 2500 for the extended warretny, which the guy took. So basically, when your dealer says he can "work with you" on the price, it means he may be able to get a few hundred off. I would recommend by offering him 2k flat for it, and you may be able to get him down to 2400 or so.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any dealers care to comment on dealer cost for these? I don't mind paying that, but I don't think I should have to pay any mark-up on something that they just have to fill out some paperwork for, especially when I'm purchasing the car @ MSRP.

Pretty please.... :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any dealers care to comment on dealer cost for these? I don't mind paying that, but I don't think I should have to pay any mark-up on something that they just have to fill out some paperwork for, especially when I'm purchasing the car @ MSRP.

Pretty please.... :D
Just to play devil's advocate, why should the dealer sell you the extended warranty at their cost? It's just like any other accessory; why shouldn't the dealer be entitled to make a little something off of the sale?

I understand you're paying MSRP for the vehicle, but this is really a separate optional transaction, for which you should also hope to end up paying a fair market value. So far, fair market value for A5s is hovering at MSRP. As others have pointed out, I think you should try to make your best deal on the warranty, whatever that best deal might be. I'm just not sure that a fair market value for the warranty implies that the dealer makes nothing off of the sale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wait for it?

Do you have to buy the warranty at the time of purchase, or can you pick it up later before the factory warranty runs out? It might be cheaper later once A5 prices are more negotiable.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Extended Warranty

Anyone know if you can buy these in UK. £1300 for a 6 or 7 year warranty sounds great. We get 3 yrs as standard then cost of warranty id about 800 a year I think.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Anyone know if you can buy these in UK. £1300 for a 6 or 7 year warranty sounds great. We get 3 yrs as standard then cost of warranty id about 800 a year I think.

Cheers

RG
£800 a year is still worth it considering what can go wrong with the car. Local Audi garage labor price is £90 + VAT an hour. So one repair to anything would most likely pay it back. Also you have good piece of mind.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
£800 a year is still worth it considering what can go wrong with the car. Local Audi garage labor price is £90 + VAT an hour. So one repair to anything would most likely pay it back. Also you have good piece of mind.
Seems a lot to pay. Never done it myself. Have used the money towards new car instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.