Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across a German tuner (LS-CarDesign) who has developed an exhaust system for the A5. I'll bet those exhaust tips would look absolutely HOT tucked into the S-line rear diffuser.

Here is Google's translation from German to English of the information:

"The Audi - NRW ordered for the new Audi A5 nail a stainless steel exhaust system with two ends in about 2 x 102 mm dia.

We produce all variations tailpipes of course 100% stainless steel and also on chromeplated desire.

Our exhaust systems are made from high-quality materials with highly polished stainless steel tailpipes guarantee more PS, rich sound and distinctive appearance
."

·
Registered
155 Posts
sweet.......the size of those tail pipes looks really well.......... is it a complete system or just the rear boxes?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm looking at exhausts for my A5 and this one atleast doesn't require any cutting to / replacement of the plastics.

I'm a bit worried though that the tip is too close to the plastic and will rub against it and if not burn the plastic but make irritating bumping noises on acceleration/corner/braking.

what's your say?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The fitting normally allows you to change the distance from the top of the cut-out... The attachment to the car is an 'arm' on the inside, clearly visible in the pics... With the Milltek, you can rotate the rear box at the joint with the system and this raises or lowers the tail pipe in the slot by virtue of the position of the attachment arm. I assume this would do the same... although it does look fully welded.

If not. then careful re-adjustment of this arm with a lump-hammer shoud do the trick! ;)

I think I made that clear as mud!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah, I saw this thread a while ago but LS is only available in Europe. We A5 owners on this side of the pond need something a little closer to home. Anyon eseen if they have posted a sound-clip of this A5 exhaust? I sent them an email weeks ago asking, but no response yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.