Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had a BMW 325Ci coupé a few years back, it had a feature where if you pressed the unlock button a second time (I think that was the procedure - or something similar anyway), the driver's door window would drop all the way the down to assist entry in confined spaces i.e. one's garage. When you were comfortably seated and closed the door, the window would wind its way back up again.

Does this feature exist on the A5?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Yep, it's called "convenience open". It's available in the central locking menu. Make sure it's set to "on".

Then, when you want the windows down, simply hold in the "unlock" key, and hey presto.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, it's called "convenience open". It's available in the central locking menu. Make sure it's set to "on".

Then, when you want the windows down, simply hold in the "unlock" key, and hey presto.
I know about the convenience opening feature where you press and hold the unlock/lock buttons to open/close all the windows, but I remember the BMW system did as I described above - opened only the driver's door window and then closed it again once the door was closed.

houseofg said:
Having a small garage, this sounds interesting, but how does having the window down help? So that you can crawl through Dukes of Hazzard style??
With the window open on a coupé door, you don't have to work your way past the window frame - you can lean over the open door which makes entering and leaving the car so much easier in a confined space. It was a feature that was invaluable on my 325Ci as a combination of a narrow garage and a long door made getting in and out a little difficult. And no, I don't need to go on a diet (not a lengthy crash one anyway ;) ).

OK, so far it appears as though the feature is not available on the A5. :(

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Just tested it (as I wondered what that option meant) and it opened both windows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.