Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
a5 2014 2.0 black edition
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone ,i am fairly new to all this, so my question is i have bought some door modules and just fitted them. did the coding and all was excepted. came to open the door and the windows don't drop that little bit to clear the trim. I've read somewhere that if they are out of an a4 then they wont drop down or go back up when you have closed the door. can these be changed some how to work as an a5 module or do i have to buy again?
also when i use vcds it says no communication when i try to access module 10 park assist, I'm trying to get the picture of the car back on. front and back sensors work and it still bleeps just no car on the display If I go into the mmi menu and go on drive assist you cant go on the park assist to switch it on it says unviable. any help would be really apricated thanks Richard.

·
Administrator
353 Posts
Hi Richard. Welcome to the forum. We may need a little more info from you. What model do you have? B8/B9 what year is it and why did you change the door modules? Did the part number of the new modules match the part number of the old modules?

·
Registered
a5 2014 2.0 black edition
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi ,thank you for the welcome, its a b8 2014 on a 64 plate. I changed the door modules because I had some power fold mirrors, I thought i would be able to fit them no problem but I was wrong .So now I'm thinking if I put the old ones back on and run vcds and get the details off them and then retry with the new ones but putting in the old codes. Would i be on the right track then or am I still wrong?

·
Administrator
353 Posts
Your new modules need the coding from the old ones. They also need the folding mirror options enabled.

can you post old and new door module part numbers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts