Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, is the DIS in the A5 in colour, i.e white text on a black background, with red supplementary text , as in the S5, or is it monochrome, red text on a black background? :confused:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you mean the display? as in the LCD display?

... that's in colour.
The one between the speedo and the rev counter ? :)

I think due to road tax for the S5 going up to €2k per annum here, I'll be switching to a 3.0 TDi :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
€2k per annum!!!! :eek: :eek:

You could buy and run a different car each year for that (albeit not an S5 ;). That's brutal. I winced when it occurred to me that I'd have to stump-up three hundred of our Great British Pounds for the privilege of S5 ownership.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
€2k per annum!!!! :eek: :eek:

You could buy and run a different car each year for that (albeit not an S5 ;). That's brutal. I winced when it occurred to me that I'd have to stump-up three hundred of our Great British Pounds for the privilege of S5 ownership.
Yep :(

I hate to whinge about it, but I'm really getting down about the way we are being hammered every which way on running a decent car over here .........

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Aiden,

Both the 3.0 TDi cars I test drove a couple of months back had the colour DIS. It's a step on from the colour one I had in my old S4 (it's bigger for a start). It displays your speed as a large figure in the centre (guess this is GPS speed from the Satnav+), but don't know how configurable (if that's a word..?) it is as I didn't get to play around with it. Not sure if you get this if you don't have the Satnav.

I did think that the trip computer parts of it were in pretty small text though..

One thing I noted as new was a little set of green numbers in the bottom left corner telling you what gear you should be in for the most economical driving. According to my dealer this can be switched off (not sure if this is done through the MMI or by the dealer) but I think I'll quite like having it, especially coming from 22mpg average on my S4 to (hopefully) mid- to high- thirties mpg!

Anyone out there who already have their cars know if you can change the settings for the DIS?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Scratch :)

The trip computer writing is tiny alright ! :eek:

·
Registered
275 Posts
The gear selection recommendation can be activated or deactivated in the MMI. The DIS shows indeed small print, but it is easily readable. You can also have it display the speed in LARGE digital print, which is quite helpful, since the speedometer is quite tight, and considering the way speed limitations are tracked in Europe now, it is helpful......

Other than that, you can select via the MMI which information you want displayed for the onboard computer information ( instant mpg, average mmp, distance travelled, time travelled..... for both the cumulative trip counter and the current trip counter. You can easily scroll through the information using the right steering wheel lever, and it is also visible on the bottom when using the medi/cd/radio players or the sat nav.

There is really nothing to complain about regarding the information display - it is efficient, easy to read and practical.COuld have been designed by Apple computers... :)

All display screens are color on the S5, and probably also for all A5s equipped with SATNAV.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just wondering, is the DIS in the A5 in colour, i.e white text on a black background, with red supplementary text , as in the S5, or is it monochrome, red text on a black background? :confused:
In Switzerland the colour DIS is a CHF200 option. I suggest you double-check the spec in Ireland just to be sure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In Switzerland the colour DIS is a CHF200 option. I suggest you double-check the spec in Ireland just to be sure.
Yep - from what I've read on the forum it seems that it's a cost option in the US too (although bundled with the Sat Nav) Well worth checking with the dealer, or Audi Ireland.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts