Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I just joined this site. I am expecting to receive my Brilliant Red A5 on Sunday :D. I was torn at first between the A5 and a 2008 M3 that was used for less than 3000 miles. I was very taken by the sharp looks of the A5 and the breathtaking interior. I ended up choosing the options and luxury over power. I know u would say get the S5, but it is not available yet at my region. Also the A+ AUdi service package they had was a plus. I will post pics of the car when I get it. I ordered the car fully loaded. It has the 19'' Y spoke rims. I notices 19 inch black Audi rims at the dealership that interest me. I would like to know what y'all think about that combination, and if anyone has it. Thanks, and looking forward to some insightful times at this site.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Good luck with the new car, sounds great. Anything is better than a BMW IMHO.

RG

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! RG I am starting to realize Audi's superiority. I am glad I went with the A5!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I notices 19 inch black Audi rims at the dealership that interest me. I would like to know what y'all think about that combination, and if anyone has it.
It depends. What style wheels were they?

Welcome and congratulations on soon becoming an A5 owner!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
It depends. What style wheels were they?

Welcome and congratulations on soon becoming an A5 owner!
There are some chunky 19in Graphite wheels in the Accessories caoilogue. £500 each... nice but not that nice IMHO...:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally received the car little over a week ago. I am just getting to know the car better now. The day after receiving it, I went on a business trip for a whole week. It was difficult leaving the car behind after driving it for just one day. Now I am glad to be back and loving the car. I am very pleased with everything so far. The car is real fun to drive. What it lacks in the power department, it more than makes up for it in it's suspension and stability. I used the navigation today for the first time, and it worked pretty good. I was really impressed with the bluetooth. It is very clear and easy to use. Also people on the other end can't tell you are talking to them via bluetooth, hands-free. The other thing that really impressed me was the B&O sound system. I recommend to try the system with original CD's it sounds amazing, probably one of the better stock sound systems I've heard.
There are 2 things that I don't like about the car all that much. First, I feel t is a little bit too quite. Wish it had a little louder hum in the exhaust. Second, and that's what annoys me the most is that when u change the settings on drive select, it always goes back to auto when u restart the car. Overall, I am very pleased though, and glad I went with the A5. I didn't think that this car would attract as much attention as it does. It seems that people are constantly staring at the car everywhere I go. I will have pics up soon.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Congrats. I know what you mean about having to leave your car. I had mine for 1 week before deploying to your neck of the woods (Qatar). Congrats again, and get used to all the stares.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Congrats again, and get used to all the stares.
God yes, that's one thing I have really noticed.

I've now actually lost count of the number of people that have turned their heads to look at my car as it goes past.

I came out of a local superstore the other day to see a group of five Japanese students peering in through my windows and talking excitedly. How often does that happen to a BMW? :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
God yes, that's one thing I have really noticed.

I've now actually lost count of the number of people that have turned their heads to look at my car as it goes past.

I came out of a local superstore the other day to see a group of five Japanese students peering in through my windows and talking excitedly. How often does that happen to a BMW? :D
Ha ha, my wife has been telling me similar stories. She takes the A5 on a short drive once a week while I'm gone. She has told me other drivers almost get into accidents because they are too busy looking at the car and not the road. We have yet to see another A5/S5 in Charleston.

·
Registered
491 Posts
congrats man. you will be happier in the long run with the A5

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Too quiet.... turn up the B&O matey

There are things that I don't like about the car all that much. I feel t is a little bit too quite. Wish it had a little louder hum in the exhaust.

The other thing that really impressed me was the B&O sound system. I recommend to try the system with original CD's it sounds amazing, probably one of the better stock sound systems I've heard.

re your 2 comments above, If it's too quiet turn the B&O up... CD Yellow Flag has some interesting Car noises.

It seems that people are constantly staring at the car everywhere I go. I will have pics up soon.

They sure do, after all it is a smart motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats. I know what you mean about having to leave your car. I had mine for 1 week before deploying to your neck of the woods (Qatar). Congrats again, and get used to all the stares.
Qatar!! Haven't been there and not planning on it. Shane I am not from Bahrain. I lived in Clemson for the last 10 yrs. I went to Clemson University and worked at Michelin in Greenville afterwards. I am currently working in Bahrain. I have been to Charleston many times, fun place specially the Oyster shots place :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Qatar!! Haven't been there and not planning on it. Shane I am not from Bahrain. I lived in Clemson for the last 10 yrs. I went to Clemson University and worked at Michelin in Greenville afterwards. I am currently working in Bahrain. I have been to Charleston many times, fun place specially the Oyster shots place :)
Believe me, if I had my way I wouldn't be coming here either. That is one of the good things about Charleston, lots of great restaurants.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.