Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Have you got your car on order?

Maybe you should check with your dealer and see what your sheduled production week is?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I ordered around the beginning of October. Last I checked (a couple weeks ago) there was no scheduled production week. As it stood, I was actually happy to hear this, given that early arrival in port seems to do us no good in the U.S. (due to the apparent port hold plan) and I'd prefer that my car not sit in Miami (or wherever) for 1..2...3..months! IF this April info is true, I can't imagine them putting the cars in port and letting them sit for 5 months or so...that just can't be good for a vehicle. But, yes, I'll follow up with my dealer to see if there's any development. They don't seem to be terribly well connected to what is going on (like many dealers, apparently).

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, I ordered on Sept 1, 2007. It's due to arrive in the US in the first half of December 2007. However, I have a port hold ETA date set for February 18th. Believe most people have the same port hold for first batch orders.

Anyways, it must cost money for Audi to store all the cars coming in. So I can't imagine this long of a port hold being true. Guess time will tell?!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I agree. Looks like someone else in that linked thread got an "April" email from their dealer. That would put us about 6 months away! I don't know if I can wait that much longer to get out of my trusty '96 A4, and I was already torturing over the more-fun-to-drive-but-far-less-attractive-335i!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...called my dealer and he's still not showing anything on my car (or some S5 orders for that matter) but insists that it will be late January to mid-February. He said the dealers would revolt if all these orders got pushed back to April. So, I guess we'll just have to see what happens...or whether more concrete information comes in from another source. Ho-hum...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Downtown LA dealer told me they could deliver in Feb08, but most other dealers are saying March-April is more accurate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My original date was Feb., but I've been told it's now April

I ordered on 9/7, was originally scheduled to arrive in the US and be on port hold until the week of 2/18.

·
Registered
247 Posts
IF this April info is true, I can't imagine them putting the cars in port and letting them sit for 5 months or so...that just can't be good for a vehicle.
:confused: :confused: If my car sat in port for that long there would be some problems... Like yourself, I'm going to consider going with the 328 coupe if this becomes solid info :(

Audi argues that it wants time to sell the S5... well it's going to start costing them because I imagine a lot of people would back out from buying the A5.

·
Registered
314 Posts
:confused: :confused: If my car sat in port for that long there would be some problems... Like yourself, I'm going to consider going with the 328 coupe if this becomes solid info :(

Audi argues that it wants time to sell the S5... well it's going to start costing them because I imagine a lot of people would back out from buying the A5.
The 335i and G37 are back on my list if these production delays are true...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think if you're gonna lease the car then getting another car would be a better decision since you won't have to deal with 1st year issues. Moreover, A5 will probably get more features as a 2nd year model and a greater discount.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The word "delay" is such a bad word. Don't like it, simply don't!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well I talked to Reeves Dealer in Tampa, I was on the phone for 2 minutes and the lady told me late winter early spring, then she said if I order today then probably spring April-May-June... and she was not sure of her self at all. No good.

Also talked to Ft Myers and they said no one has clear info because Audi keeps telling them to wait 60-90 days for more new information.

As far as the port thing goes, he said that Audi would have no reason to keep the cars in port unless they found some kind of error in production and would have to do repairs.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First of all, if it was the saleswoman who told me that the demo S5 was sold, I wouldn't listen to a thing she says. You might want to try calling Chuck Salmond (813-739-4917 is his direct), my salesman, but he simply insists that my order will be late January to mid-February. Whether that's because I ordered 6 weeks ago, I have no idea. I don't think Audi is feeding them much information at this point. Very strange.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Strategizing to sell more of S5 maybe?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, that's about all I can think of...except that they are really tight-lipped with S5 availability as well!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts