Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, Just spoke to my salesman at Prestige Imports in Miami say that they are having delays and not to expect anything before April... :mad:

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Read some of the other threads in this particular forum and you'll see what we know thus far. There do not appear to be delays in building or even shipping A5s to the States. In fact, see AB's thread here: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/my-a5-missed-757/index.htmlwhere we just discussed the fact that his is on the ship now.

Rather, the problem is that Audi is showing a port hold on all A5s until April. That could change at any time...or not! We just don't know, but dealers swear up and down that Audi won't park these things in port for 4 months or so.

Now, all of this said...if you haven't actually ordered yet, I have no idea where they are on giving build weeks on A5s for the U.S. right now. I ordered in early October and my build week (second week of January) was assigned on November 30. If you did or do order - good luck and get in line! :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Read some of the other threads in this particular forum and you'll see what we know thus far. There do not appear to be delays in building or even shipping A5s to the States. In fact, see AB's thread here: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/my-a5-missed-757/index.htmlwhere we just discussed the fact that his is on the ship now.

Rather, the problem is that Audi is showing a port hold on all A5s until April. That could change at any time...or not! We just don't know, but dealers swear up and down that Audi won't park these things in port for 4 months or so.

Now, all of this said...if you haven't actually ordered yet, I have no idea where they are on giving build weeks on A5s for the U.S. right now. I ordered in early October and my build week (second week of January) was assigned on November 30. If you did or do order - good luck and get in line! :)
Yep, Audi will shock me if they go through with it but like you said we never know... good luck :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, not sure if its so much of a delay or Audi has a larger demand than expected. Top that off with the upcoming holiday season and you are easily looking beyond an April timeframe if you are just now ordering one.

If you have not yet placed an order, then one suggestion I would have is to perhaps wait just a little bit longer. Soon, I'm certain the details of the '09 model will be 'leaked' and you can determine to get in line for that model or press forward with the current '08 model.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just found out today that mine is actually in the country (Canada), but still showing a port hold until the end of March. Originally it was showing a hold until the May, so this is an improvement I guess, but I am not getting my hopes up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts