Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else got one?? my car came with factory fitted option,but no mention in the instruction manuals how to actually use it.I can tune into DAB stations,then you have to select tuning again and then select text/info.This works great----till you change stations or turn ignition off,then you have to retune/select text /info again.only takes seconds but doing my head in.Dealer has been informed, but has yet to get back to me.My car does not have sat nav,so instructions may only come with that option??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello
I pick my 3.0 tdi up this sat 22nd and i will let you know how that one works as it too has dab.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have DAB and no sat nav and this has apparently been taken away as an option...ie you now need to have the satnav in order to get DAB. I was told I was one of the lucky few to get in before they changed this....looks like this is the reason. I cant say I have noticed your problems but i havent really investigtaed the dab fully yet.
youre right on the instructions though...not a mention.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don`t seem to have a problem with the Dab radio, if im listening to a dab channel one day and then turn off the car and go back the next day the same channel automatically comes back on.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don`t seem to have a problem with the Dab radio, if im listening to a dab channel one day and then turn off the car and go back the next day the same channel automatically comes back on.
Yeah,mine does that,but have you selected "text" fom the tuning menu? "text" tells you what track is playing/coming up next.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah,mine does that,but have you selected "text" fom the tuning menu? "text" tells you what track is playing/coming up next.
Have`nt found that button yet as to many others to play with!!, next time im in it i will try that out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tried the tuning/text option and it does as you say, as soon as you change stations / turn car off it reverts back to your station list:(

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that,bad design by AUDI I think,similar annoying prob when you select shuffle on the cd /mp3 player.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts