Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

looking to do a few mods and have a few questions.

160,000 miles on this and looking to freshen up a few things.

1. Interested in getting a honeycomb grill/fog covers but looking for decent quality, already painted, NO RS5 badge. Anyone know a good place to get one? Mine is a 2011, Pre-Facelift.

2. Internal dash trim (around speedo) is chrome, want to change it to black/carbon, wrapping is a better idea than painting I'm guessing?

3. Remapping a CR engine with 160k. Yes/No? Clutch/Flywheel are only 8k old. Maintenance has been sound on this.

4. Any other mods you guys would suggest? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my grill from Autohauz Detailing, based on the UK. Cost 200 quid(ish) and fit perfectly on my S5!

Comes in black, has a cover mounted on the back to cover the crash bar and the water pipe which is nice. a Parking sensor accommodation, black badge supplied with it as well.

The plate holder is a screw mounted one too, so velcro pads on it and your numberplate will give you a black front end in under a minute.

Here's it fitted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1. Got my grills from Xenonz in the UK. Mine was only around £130. Solid and made to fit OEM, sadly does not come with any audi badge so would need to find a way to put it on yourself. Has adjustable numberplate holder, does not have a crashbar cover but all you need to do is spray the bar black.
2. Wrapping is very awkward, only done the door trims myself currently, you can wrap the center console and bits of the dash too but its hard.
3. Remaps are good on most audis, can’t speak for CR Diesels as I don’t own one.
4. Carplay, speaker upgrades (can install a sub quite easily regardless if you have B&O or not)

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. Got my grills from Xenonz in the UK. Mine was only around £130. Solid and made to fit OEM...
Just a note, the Xenons Grill doesn't have the right amount of spacing between honeycomb, so you end up with 9 gaps instead of 11 across the top.

I was looking at Xenons since I used them for the TT I had, but looking at the minor details I actually counted the holes and they don't match ahaha No one would ever notice, but I just wanted it to be indistinguishable :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys - I bought a grill from autohauz.

Also got fog covers on eBay, new 6000K Fog lights and a few more bits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts