Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the A5 convertable for delivery in March 2009. No specs or pricing available as yet, but my local dealer has 5 confirmed orders already!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just ordered the A5 convertable for delivery in March 2009. No specs or pricing available as yet, but my local dealer has 5 confirmed orders already!
Are you serious? They are already taking orders on this car? I didn't realize Audi was pushing out a convertible version so quickly. I must be living under a work rock.

·
Registered
714 Posts
my local dealer has 5 confirmed orders already!
Hate to be cynical but I think what you actually mean is that the dealer's happily taken a deposit from you. I very much doubt that they've been able to place orders with Audi for something which hasn't yet been formally announced. Not sure how they'll book the order without knowing the engine, transmission, colour, interior etc.

To the best of my knowledge the order book isn't yet open for the Q5 which has been announced so chances of actually having a kosher order for an A5 Cabriolet would seem pretty slim.

I also wonder how likely the dealer is to honour this - the pessimist in me suspects that they will find a way to fill orders for "special" customers before you get your car. Still, given the demand we've seen on the A5 Coupe it's probably not such a daft move getting your name down now as I guess the dealer will feel some sort of obligation to make sure yours is one of the first orders they process.

Good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still, given the demand we've seen on the A5 Coupe it's probably not such a daft move getting your name down now as I guess the dealer will feel some sort of obligation to make sure yours is one of the first orders they process.

Good luck!
Precisely the point, do not want a further delay from the first deliveries to my order being processed. With my current A5 I had a 5 month wait, which was a killer. This time around will obviously be easier as I will have my Coupe until the Cabriolet arrives.

As for the ordering process, all I can say is that I have signed an order form for an A5 Cab, with a lot of TBD’s with regards to specs, which will be determined when the official brochures are released.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I would want to see what it looks like and what spec options are available before I order it. Currently, there are only amateur photoshops pics and Audi alter the spec options every 6-12 months

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would want to see what it looks like and what spec options are available before I order it. Currently, there are only amateur photoshops pics and Audi alter the spec options every 6-12 months
I love my current configuration so anticipate ordering the same spec minus the sun roof of course:rolleyes: As for the looks I am gambling on the fact that they will do as good as a job on the A5 as they did on the A4. By the way, there will not be an A4 Cabriolet in the future. The current model will cease production in September 2008 and that will be the end of the A4 Cabriolet, so I can imagine that there will be a lot of interest from the current soft top crowed.

·
Registered
714 Posts
No A4 cab leaves a bit of a gap in the market. My guess is that the A5 cab will carry a premium over the A5 coupe so unless they start removing features it means even a 1.8T is likely to be over £30k. Current A4 cabs start at £26k so we're looking at a jump of some 20%.

Of course my speculation on the premium may be wrong, it could be that the cab is only marginally more expensive than the coupe given that it'll be a rag top.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just noticed that the Audi UK now has an A4 Cab Special Edition on offer. This usually notes the demise of the model is imminent or there's a pretty significant revision on the way.

The odd thing is that the offers end June 30th so it could just be Audi UK trying to cash in on the "summer" season before moving on to the A4 cab replacement later in the year (assuming sales slow after summer?) which most of us are speculating will be the A5 cab to be announced at Paris.

·
Registered
220 Posts
you are just a bunch of optimism on this subject tlu. You are probably right on the order though.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Pics look pretty real. I like it.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well, I think it's pointless... most of the looks of the A5 comes from the roof profile (and rear quarter light that screams 'sports coupe') ...with no roof, it might as well be an A4... it just looks like a cigar with seats... it really does nothing for me.

...Besides, how many hairdressers will be able to afford that?

...Could possibly see a girlie in one, but could a man who's at home with his sexuality really drive one of those?

Cabrios don't do it for me, I like my handling and performance too much.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
fair points Ian....;) My missus would love it though.

·
Registered
714 Posts
you are just a bunch of optimism on this subject tlu. You are probably right on the order though.
LOL - sorry, didn't mean to sound negative (on this occassion).

If anything it was meant to be optimistic in that if the A4 cab was on it's last legs then its replacement won't be too far away.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If Audi is promoting something you can bet that the inventory of that car on dealer's lots is higher than they thought it would be. Could be they are trying to dry up the A4 cab inventory so that the demand for the new model is higher.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah, saw this too. Autoexpress speculation is really crap - they seem to be unaware of the new A5 engines and are still stating 1.8T, 2.7TDI etc.

Also - the DRLs on that car look all wrong - just seem to be standard side lights (yes, I know it's a mule but...)

From the pics it looks like Ian's comments are coming to fruition ... "most of the looks of the A5 comes from the roof profile (and rear quarter light that screams 'sports coupe') ...with no roof, it might as well be an A4... it just looks like a cigar with seats"

My first thoughts were that it actually looks more like an A3 cab. Judging by this pic the wavy waistline looks to be missing and the nose looks "narrower" far more like an A4.

Caller it bitterness, but I'm really pleased that the A5 Coupe still appears to be a significantly more handsome car. It would kill me to see loads of hairdressers driving around in a better looking Audi than mine ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
From that angle on the Red car you might as well be looking at the A4 cab:confused:

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.