Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have an A5 Cabriolet, nearly 10 years old, a 2011 pre-facelift. It has factory fitted MMI 3G high in it. Anyway, since spending a large proportion of time sat around in the last 12 months my DAB has started playing up. Basically it seems to find no stations for an extended period of time after turning on, this can be as short as 30 minutes but has also failed to pick up anything for well over an hour too. This did not used to be a problem an if it does eventually find a station all the channels I would expect to see work flawlessly, until I switch off and then they are gone again next time I turn on.
Has anyone any ideas of what I could look at?

Many thanks in advance,
Matt

·
Registered
2015 A5 3.0Tdi black s line spec edition NOW 2021 45Tfsi Edition 1 sound pack
389 Posts
Yes , aerial is in the boot and cable can partially # over time . If its not a comlete break you will get intermitten connection .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes , aerial is in the boot and cable can partially # over time . If its not a comlete break you will get intermitten connection .
I looked into this as there is a recent thread exploring the antennae and parts. I was surprised by this. Its not actually in the boot like some of the other audi models, its in the tonneau.

You could try to pull some codes which might give a clue as to what is going wrong. Here are the codes I get.

Radio:
02877 - Antenna Digital Radio (R183)
03157 - Function Limitation because of Communication Failure
01704 - Terminal 58

My radio has intermittent connection problems and it repeats some phrases as it tries to fill-in for missing data.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.