1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
552 Posts
You beat me to it! But at least the RS6 wheels are an option!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Here it is folks...

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/new_cars/A5/a5-cabriolet.html

Not sure I am that impressed! No Sport model listed seems a shame and what's with fabric seats in a Cabriolet... bit 206CC eh?:rolleyes:
Not like anyone buying this would be stupid enough to buy this car without leather, at least I hope not - resale wise it would kill them.

I think a nicely speced 3.0TDI could easily set you back close to 50k, there are quite a few options I'd love to have. Also I have a feeling this car will hold its value well as it will be quite desirable to a lot of people. The shape has definitely grown on me.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Talking of options I wonder whether the £1,745 quoted for the Technology Package (MMi 3G + AMI + Cruise) is an error as it is £1,955 for the coupe. Hope the coupe gets this new price!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be seeing how things go... If I ever have one it has to be a Quattro with a manual box. S5 or 3.0Tdi..

·
Registered
549 Posts
I will be seeing how things go... If I ever have one it has to be a Quattro with a manual box. S5 or 3.0Tdi..
RG, out of interest, what has made a happy 3.0Tdi owner consider an S5 in the cab? I was actually thinking of switching in the opposite direction. (not the first time our ideas have differed!)

·
Registered
479 Posts
REALLY not liking the poo brown colour in the online brochure!! :eek:

·
Registered
552 Posts
REALLY not liking the poo brown colour in the online brochure!! :eek:
Funny as I was thinking it looked really good with the beige interior and wondered whether Teak Brown was going to be the new Phantom Black/Ibis White!

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's funny, I didn't think I'd like the cab and the more I look at it, the more I do. Can't believe I'm saying this as I've always associated a cab with an airhead (of either sex!) ;)

Looking at the prices, unless I've done my back of an envelope calcs wrongly, the cab doesn't seem that outrageously priced.

Eg the 3.0TDi S Line coupe (which I'm looking to order but hopefully with the new RS6 style wheels, S Tronic transmission and rear LEDs) = £40,385 in the cab. Add the RS6 style wheels at £440 = £40,825. The Advanced key is standard.

The coupe version = £35,225 + £1,370 (Tiptronic only) = £36,595
Add the Advanced Key (to get to cab spec) + £485 = 37,080

That's a difference of £3,745 but you get the rear LEDs now. Arguably a better resale as well.

Trouble is, there aren't any pics with the hood up...!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Why oh why do they never do a 2.0TQ Cab... just specked up a 2.0T Sline and it comes to £38.5k which isn't as bad as I was expecting to be honest. Thats a pretty mega spec inc tech pack,b+o,park assist,heated seats,int light pack,phone prep high and 19" RS6 alloys.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RG, out of interest, what has made a happy 3.0Tdi owner consider an S5 in the cab? I was actually thinking of switching in the opposite direction. (not the first time our ideas have differed!)
I loved my A4 3.0 Cab 2002-2005... that's why.:D Our ideas are bound to differ, you're upside down after all!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I loved my A4 3.0 Cab 2002-2005... that's why.:D Our ideas are bound to differ, you're upside down after all!
You didn't read my question you pompous old man, it was actually a sincere question pointed more at your preference for an 'S' in the cab versus your current choice of Tdi in your coupe.:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
139 Posts
Left me rather un-impressed. I had an A4 cab in 2004. Love it.
The A5 cab just seems to fall short in the brochure.
Maybe in the flesh it'll look good.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You didn't read my question you pompous old man, it was actually a sincere question pointed more at your preference for an 'S' in the cab versus your current choice of Tdi in your coupe.:p:p:p:p:p
I will not respond to your rudeness other than to say you have made incorrect assumptions again! The S5 Cab will be a more economical V6 petrol the S5 Coupe was a thirsty V8 last time I looked.

Please do try to behave in an Audi style manner in future!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
:D Our ideas are bound to differ, you're upside down after all!
Pot, kettle, black RG? Once again, your unsophisticated attempts at humour have caused offence. Oh dear. And scattering smilies around unfortunately doesn't make you witty I'm afraid.

Mind you QJ, I have to say you were a bit out of order too - how do you know he's old?

Mods, please ban these two.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I will not respond to your rudeness other than to say you have made incorrect assumptions again! The S5 Cab will be a more economical V6 petrol the S5 Coupe was a thirsty V8 last time I looked.

Please do try to behave in an Audi style manner in future!
Sure Dad!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Come on Mr E and QJ this is getting a bit silly. I think you are both in danger of causing offence. As far as I am aware I haven't nor would intentionally get personal. We all have opinions, just happens you respond to mine with insults. Play the game please boys!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts