Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had my A5 about 2 months now and very pleased with it except for the bluetooth.

Basically, it worked 100% with my Orange SPV E650 for about a month then just stopped. I can now no longer see it and it says telephone not installed.

I spoke to the dealer and they said (helpfully) that it is because the phone isn't on the supported list and this is why it stopped and the fact it worked for a month was irrelevent. I have tried the pairing procedure again and it finds no devices.

I've also tried it with a Nokia and this doesn't work either.

Anyone got any ideas?

cheers

chris

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi,
Doesn't sound like the car would decide to not pair your mobile unless your A5has had a software update (been in for service work?).

The first time I tried connecting my phone to the car, it took several attempts (I gave up for the first week!) and you have to pair it with the first 30 seconds of the ignition being swithced on. Did you delete the phone from the car setup? Start from scratch and maybe try another mobile incase the car has a fault. Have you bluetoothed to another device to prove the phone is still working?

I think my response to the dealer would have been along the lines of... "prove to me it's working with one of your approved mobiles".

Simon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Went to the dealer yesterday and it wouldn't work with their phone either. They have now decided it's a fault and are replacing the phone ecu.

I'll keep you posted..

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Hope you get it sorted.

The bluetooth has been working great on mine so far. I'm using a windows mobile with WM version 5 operating Software.

I'll also have to hook the work's blackberry up to is as well when I get the chance. Wonder how that will work?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here's a list of compatible mobile phones that my dealer sent me. You'll see that it's mostly the older models that are supported due to software/firmware versions. Generation II is the one you'll be interested in as these are the 'non-wired' (wireless) versions. Generation I is the wired phones.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Slightly stuck...

Hello all,

I've got the 'basic' bluetooth connection in my A5 and it seems to connect up to my phone (SE W810i) without any problems and full functionality, except for the fact it only downloads part of my phonebook to the system. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? It always seems to download the same 79 numbers (out of about 200) and I've tried re-pairing it several times with no change.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
All my numbers are in the phone memory. What confuses me is that it only downloads some of them and the same ones each time! :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Hi Rab88

Can you tell us which phone you are using for the windows software?

The A5 brochure merely says that the phone must have 'SIM-Access Profile facility' what ever that is.
I'm using an MDA Compact III (T-Mobile).

It takes time to access the sim card memory. Sometimes it wont display my sim contacts, and will only display the phone contacts. Sometimes it displays both.

It's the case with every car, there's always problems or issues with compatability with bluetooth and phone software. There's just so many phones out, and new ones arriving, that car manufacturers will find it hard to keep up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm using an MDA Compact III (T-Mobile).

It takes time to access the sim card memory. Sometimes it wont display my sim contacts, and will only display the phone contacts. Sometimes it displays both.

It's the case with every car, there's always problems or issues with compatability with bluetooth and phone software. There's just so many phones out, and new ones arriving, that car manufacturers will find it hard to keep up.
I've got an MDA Compact II from T-Mobile and it seemed to work OK when the salesman demo'd it in an A5, i.e. it displays my contact list.
What else should the display show as I'm new to in-car Bluetooth?
I selected the GSM phone prep only as dealer said the Bluetooth was not essential.
(Dont have my car yet-inbuild.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorted it!

All my numbers are in the phone memory. What confuses me is that it only downloads some of them and the same ones each time! :confused:
With regards to the problem above, I've manged to sort it out. If anyone's having the same problem, I did it by:

1. Backing up my phone phonebook on to the MemoryStick (or on to my computer).
2. Delete the phonebook from the phone (make sure you've got a backup!).
3. Reset the Audi Bluetooth connection - back to factory default.
4. Pair the Handsfree with the phone again - ensure the phonebook is definitely empty. Turn the car off again.
5. Restore the phonebook to the phone and then re-connect to the car.

I gave it 10 minutes to be sure I wasn't interupting the upload of the phonebook (not sure if this made a difference but wanted to be sure!) and then checked - all numbers in! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car was in dealer's today getting GSM fin replaced (original came with lacquer overspray). The dealer installed a software update for GSM bluetooth and now I can't get car to recognise any phone. I've previously been using SE P990i without any problems. Anyone else have a similar update. Car being returned to dealer tomorrow to hopefully restore to original configuration.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here's a list of compatible mobile phones that my dealer sent me. You'll see that it's mostly the older models that are supported due to software/firmware versions. Generation II is the one you'll be interested in as these are the 'non-wired' (wireless) versions. Generation I is the wired phones.
George,
Thanks, I remember this now, do the dealers have a more up to date list as the T Mobiles listed are older than mine does not even mention the Compact Range at all?
What's this caution note about "Do not use a mobile in the car without using the adapter"is tis just to cover themselves?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Apols - this is the list my dealer gave me back in Sept (I was happy enough that my ancient Siemens S65 was on it!) - have had a hunt on the Audi website for more up to date list, but no joy.

The thing about radio waves in car is probably, as you say, just to cover themselves - we live in a very litigious world! The adapter does allow you to turn off bluetooth, and is therefore theoretically lower risk..............

For people who are confused where this conversation about adapters came from, you should see http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/tip-fitting-snap-612/index.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi All,
Im due to pick up my A5 this week - can't wait!!
Anyway, I thought I would treat myself to a new mobile phone to match. As the iphone is not available in Ireland yet, I was thinking of getting the Sony Ericsson K850i.
Im wondering if anyone has any experience/problems in using this phone with the bluetooth function in the A5/S5?
I specced the basic bluetooth in centre armrest option.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.