Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I'm looking to buy a second hand A5 B9 and have a few questions that I havent been able research properly. Hopefully you will be able to answer them 😀

The sline as standard, how many speaker system is installed on the UK spec car. Does this change if you have the tech pack. I drove a tester a few months back that had virtual cockpit and had good bass from what I expect is a sub. But there were not BandO logos anywhere. I did check.

If you dont have the tech pack with virtual cockpit, is the larger 8.3 centre screen able to be retrofitted? I like normal dials and likely to use android auto for mapping so would like a larger center screen.

Fitting the larger 20inch alloys, do you have the dealers limit the steering rack max angle via software update? This is specified on audi aftermarket sales for 20inch alloys.

Thanks

Martin

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Interesting questions actually...

My B9 Sportback has just the Audi Sound System. There is 10 speakers including the sub in the boot under the floor. The bass is pretty weak at max, but just about good enough for me. There is no MMI control to adjust woofer level, which is surprising and annoying. I have driven loaners which have much better bass than mine without having B&O, which frustrates me but there you go. I have wondered whether the woofer position under the boot floor is the issue, as I guess the coupe still has it on the rear parcel shelf (the loaner was a coupe).

I didn’t have the VC in mine so also only have the 7” centre screen. I’ve not heard of anyone retrofitting the 8” screen, and believe the dash trim would need changing to accommodate it. I too prefer the analogue clocks (I’ve driven VC equipped A5’s and just prefer the analogue ones). Personally I find the 7” centre screen perfectly adequate.

I’m not suggesting I wouldn’t have liked all the tech pack / light n vision / comfort pack stuff, but just didn’t consider them worth all the extra dollar, so just cherry picked the bits that were important to me.

Can’t contribute on your wheel question as I have no experience with that. I went with 19’s as I’ve had them on all my A5’s.

Good luck with your choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad the standard sline even without the tech pack, comes with the 10 speaker system. I'm sure it will be good enough.

I'm going to look at an a5 at the weekend :)

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
And it is money well spent! Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Looks truly lovely in red!!! Spec please!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Standard s-line. 2.0 tfsi 190 s-tronic.
19inch alloys.
Folding mirrors.
Privacy glass.
Flat bottom steering wheel.
Metallic Tango Red

The s-line spec comes with most of the options I wanted. Electric moving seats, heated seats, climate control etc...Wasn't too bothered about the virtual dash. The full colour screen in the middle between the dials is almost like having a mini virtual dash. I believe there is also a software update that allows you to put the whole map on this. So I will have to investigate. At the moment it just gives lane information. But i'm happy with that!

Things I would like to modify...

1. Get my private plate back on the car...
2. Put some spacers on the rear alloys. (Look too far in the arches)
3. Fit the S5 / Black edition lip spoiler. (Cant decide on black or body colour yet to match the s-line chrome)
4. Fit the S5 Rear diffuser and quad tips. (Not trying to be a S5, I like the chrome lip that's around the diffuser, that matches the rest of the car)
5. Eventually fit some nice 20" Black edition Rotors or Vorsprung alloys. (This will probably be further down the line, when the tires get bald)

I've always modified my cars a little to make them stand out. I tend to go for the OEM+ look. My last car was an Alfa Romeo Brera. Was sad to see it go...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts